RDM?

I don't know if the console supports this as yet but some sort of RDM would be nice. Even if it was apart of the Art-net set-up window.
  • Funny, I was just about to create a thread like this until I saw this one. It's a difficult topic to search for on these forums since the search function doesn't seem to like only 3 characters (RDM). :33:

My Story:
    We are getting a Hog 4 console in a month or two for a new building. Right now we're only running HogPC. I just found out that the house/architectural lights being installed have RDM capabilities, and in fact that is the recommended way to set them up initially. The only other way is via one button and one LED indicator used to address them, set up personalities, etc. Being that I don't have an RDM controller...It's going to be a long day once we get power.
    What's worse, is that due to how the building is designed, once the scaffolding is taken down (this week), I will never have a way to physically adjust the lights again.

I can't find any documentation for RDM on any release of Hog. I found another thread that said it was in the works for a future release, but that was years ago, before Hog 4. I did come across the "Echo" software by High End, made specifically for a few HES fixtures. However, it seems that this software might support remote DMX addressing for any RDM enabled fixture (HES or not). It will be great if that works, but I don't think it will allow anything else.

Is there any current plan to support RDM control? Maybe when pixel mapping gets released?