H4 Is this the real roadcase really

epelaezepelaez Registered User
so i just got my new Road hog 4 so far im in love after using Hog products must say im very happy, but what happen to the case, i want my road case replace please
Come on Hight End we want our Road cases replaced why change something that Has work great

Please fix our cases, the handle is back words and it always hit you in the legs what is wrong in this picture i want my money back http://forums.highend.com/images/smilies/rtfm.gif:rtfm::rtfm::mad::mad:

Comments

• jsteeljsteel Registered User
    edited June 2013
    i do agree that the case is a bit crap
    could of gone with sound console styles with 4 wheels or something a bit more practical
  • epelaezepelaez Registered User
    edited June 2013
    jsteel;67946 said:
    i do agree that the case is a bit crap
    could of gone with sound console styles with 4 wheels or something a bit more practical
    I think we need to post here and have high end help us out on getting a better design, one of the reasons why i when't with the RoadHog is because of the way you can walk in and out of shows with no problem
  • chrisfchrisf Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Hi EP,

Sorry to here about your issues with the Road Hog 4 flight case, would you please send me an email- chris_ferrante at highend dot com with the issues you are encountering. We have shipped rather a lot of these and have not encountered these sorts of issues, therefore would certainly like to understand your concerns. I am afraid i cannot see the picture you have posted a link of for some reason.

Cheers

Chris
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, I think the cases are ok for rental houses where there is a lot of space and they are thrown on trucks but for the owner users the cases are a nightmare.

I have to keep my desk in a spare room at the house and only yesterday I sent me old desk out because its easier to move as it's on 4 wheels.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    I was disappointed that there is no longer a storage bin in the lid for things like keyboards, power cables, manuals, etc. All the accessories now have to ride in a SECOND case that I drag along with me.
    If there is a redesign, I vote to engineer that back in.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2013
    Well, you know a console is really great when the biggest complaints are the case and the dust cover.

I was just at Upstaging last week and they had R&R cases build them a really nice case for their full size Hog-4. So nice, I'm ordering one through them for my desk.

Perhaps there should be a "touring case" option when ordering at extra cost that is better designed.
    edited June 2013
    Marty Postma;67960 said:
    Well, you know a console is really great when the biggest complaints are the case and the dust cover.

I was just at Upstaging last week and they had R&R cases build them a really nice case for their full size Hog-4. So nice, I'm ordering one through them for my desk.

Perhaps there should be a "touring case" option when ordering at extra cost that is better designed.
    I agree i think that the board is great, the case not so much, i would like the old road Hog 3 case on my hog 4 it was great stoare for my ups, and other stuff and i didn't have to carry it on my back... High end please fix our case and we will be happy:rtfm:
    edited June 2013
    chrisf;67951 said:
    Hi EP,

Sorry to here about your issues with the Road Hog 4 flight case, would you please send me an email- chris_ferrante at highend dot com with the issues you are encountering. We have shipped rather a lot of these and have not encountered these sorts of issues, therefore would certainly like to understand your concerns. I am afraid i cannot see the picture you have posted a link of for some reason.

Cheers

Chris
    i will try to send a video for you to check out what our complaints are on the case.
    Thank you so much for the reply
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with all the above posts - I bought a FB4 and RH4 and the cases were so flimsy that I got Amptown Cases in Germany to build me new ones
    I didn't feel that they were strong enough to protect my investment and I could not store basic stuff like 16amp ceeform - IEC under the desk
    Dreadful design for the price - I would love my money back on the cases
    Desks are great tho !!!
    Kevin
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    I also replaced the cases for my HOG4 with Amptown Cases.
    Fullboar 4 is ok, Roadhog 4 also is ok, but the one from Amptown for the Roadhog 4 is a bit nicer... Trolly-style like the old one
    edited June 2013
    Keep in mind that the case is "free" for the full H4 and the FB4...there is no extra charge for the case with these.....better than arriving in a cardboard box with foam IMHO. I think that the regular RH4 case is fine.
    So if you don't like it....go out and get something better made for yourself!
    MY biggest gripe with the full size H4 case is that it is too wide to fit through a standard door on its' wheels (ooops!).

I do wish that there was a "standard" touring style case offered, but seeing as how there are many options for sourcing custom cases on your own I would put this as a low priority.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited June 2013
    Yes totally free just spend €18,000 and you get a free Roadcase.
    Why not get it right rather than suggest it's a low priority.

C
  • ksaundersksaunders Registered User
    edited June 2013
    Completely agree CJ
    edited June 2013
    Marty Postma;67977 said:
    Keep in mind that the case is "free" for the full H4 and the FB4...there is no extra charge for the case with these.....better than arriving in a cardboard box with foam IMHO. I think that the regular RH4 case is fine.
    MY biggest gripe with the full size H4 case is that it is too wide to fit through a standard door on its' wheels (ooops!).

I do wish that there was a "standard" touring style case offered, but seeing as how there are many options for sourcing custom cases on your own I would put this as a low priority.

i totally understand your point of view, in this case the RoadHog 4 you have to buy the case for $699 or something like that, High end has always made the cases really good, the hog ipc, roadhog 3 etc, when i purchase this case i tought i was going to get something like that. all im asking is if this is the case they give you. i'll send it back return my cash and i go and make my own, but im not the only one that is having this issue.
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited July 2013
    Marty Postma;67977 said:
    I think that the regular RH4 case is fine.
    Marty likes the case so no one else need worry!
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2013
    My H4 Case fits though the doors of a 53' and if I put the back seats down nicely in my FJ 4WD SO ? but the little wheels are a bit of a bother BUT I am making a trolly with some old road case wheels from the H3 one.

The console is terrific so whatever on the case.
    edited July 2013
    epelaez;67980 said:
    i totally understand your point of view, in this case the RoadHog 4 you have to buy the case for $699 or something like that, High end has always made the cases really good, the hog ipc, roadhog 3 etc, when i purchase this case i tought i was going to get something like that. all im asking is if this is the case they give you. i'll send it back return my cash and i go and make my own, but im not the only one that is having this issue.
    I don't disagree with you. With the RH4 you do have to pay extra for a case and it is not just a "fancy shipping carton" as with the full sized H4 and the FB4... You should be entitled to return it if you are not happy with it and get another one built by a 3rd party IMHO.
    edited July 2013
    skier;68004 said:
    Marty likes the case so no one else need worry!
    Don't go putting words in my mouth now. :rolleyes:
    As I stated above I'm having a custom case built for my full sized H4 as well.
  • bockingbocking Registered User
    edited July 2013
    Totally agree the case design is poor for the road hog 4. Why are the wheels on the widest edge? - It doesn't fit through a regular door way. Its also awkward to pull behind you as the centre handle is favouring the top of case. The Hog 3 cases where fantastic, I'm disappointed with this new one. I guess it's too late to change anything now...
  • MarkNMarkN Registered User
    edited September 2013
    Completely agree that the RH4 case isn't the best. It's too small to pull any distance as you keep kicking it as you pull it, it needs to be similar to the FB/RH 3 case with an extending handle.
    It's also too deep at twice the depth of the desk. I own a FB4 and a RH4 and I can't get them both in my Audi Q5 at the same time. The case could be 10cm shallower.
    As others have stated, the storage cupboard is also much missed from the 3 case. There is loads of space over the desk keys in the case which could be used to house a small cupboard for all the bits and bobs that I keep with my desk, mouse, keyboard, etc etc.
    edited October 2013
    Well after all this time im guessing High end is not stepping up to the plate and fixing our cases, just doin to have to repair it myself.
  • sona@-@sona@-@ Registered User
    edited October 2013
    I agree.
  • SSS613SSS613 Registered User
    edited October 2013
    We noticed the case wasn't as great as we wanted before we purchased our RoadHog4. We ordered without the case and are currently having a custom case designed by OlyCase. Ill post pics soon. Just finished the design today with built in keyboard drawer, caster, forklift bumpers...
  • SSS613SSS613 Registered User
    edited November 2013
    Ok so here is the custom case for our RoadHog4, complete with keyboard drawer and place for a mouse, cellphone...

Outside case dimensions 39"x32"x18"

Link to the RoadHog4 album:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/109436125158784378356/RoadHog4?authuser=0&feat=directlink
  • EFF DEFF D Registered User
    edited February 2014
    I agree. The case for the road hog4 is terrible. Because the handle to roll it is too short you cannot walk with it without banging your legs. Did no one check this when it was designed? Obviously this case was dreamt up by someone who has never worked a show? The old cases were not so good either( another story!!!) but this is a step in the wrong direction once again. Why not just put it on 4 wheels like the GrandMA Cases? Much easier and more useful because you can stack other gear such as monitor boxes on top when loading in and out of shows?
    edited February 2014
    Yes agree, i wish highend would step up and fix our cases, we did pay a lot for them.

so here is an advise if you wanna buy a console DO NOT BUY THEIR CASES, im sure Pro-cases, or other companies can come up with a better design, and cheaper.
    edited February 2014
    CASE UPDATE -
    My company purchased another Full Boar 4, it arrived days ago. Looks like the case is redesigned! I'm much happier with this version, it's on end wheels like I want, storage hole under console, and a REAL board cover, not just the v1 cloth flap. (pics attached).
    edited February 2014
    that looks good, but how about us that already bought the case, they can't replace it for us, for fix it!? it would make all of us happier if they did!
    :1zhelp::1zhelp::poke::poke::1zhelp::1zhelp:
    ShrunkenNed;73022 said:
    CASE UPDATE -
    My company purchased another Full Boar 4, it arrived days ago. Looks like the case is redesigned! I'm much happier with this version, it's on end wheels like I want, storage hole under console, and a REAL board cover, not just the v1 cloth flap. (pics attached).
    edited May 2014
    does any one know if they change the Roadhog 4 case?
    edited May 2014
    The RH4 we purchased in Feb still is the pull handle style case, but has storage under console and full board cover.

It's too wide to fit through normal style doorways when pulling it by the handle. So you have to stop, rotate, and mess with it. I would personally prefer the end style wheels like the new FB case, but my guess is the goal is to keep it compact so it will fit in a standard vehicle trunk.

But I really hate lugging it around. The handle isn't long enough to pull it for very long. You end up banging it against your legs while walking with it.
  • kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
    edited May 2014
    I recently bought a RH4 (still in the box from mid-Feb) and I have to agree with the general views of the case. It is awkward (handle, wheels, etc.). It does have a storage area under the console that measures roughly 18" x 12" x 3.625".

One of the good things about the case is that it will fit - just barely - in the trunk of a Ford Fusion. Which works well for my longer drives around the area because the gas mileage is better than my SUV.

Kevin Montagne