Flash button issue - Hog 4 show on Hog 3

LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
Not sure if this should be here or in the Hog 3 forum...

Show initially programmed on Hog 4 PC v1.1.3

Then moved onto Hog 4 console running v1.2.0 and more programming done.

Today I loaded it onto a Hog 3 v3.2.6 and the flash buttons don't work.

Open the list options, and "none" is selected for the button. Changed to "flash", and now +go and +release work ok, but the intensity level remains at zero.

I tried reprogramming the lists on the Hog 3 but the same thing happened, including "none" being selected.

Luckily everything I need a flash button on are lists with a single cue, so I reprogrammed them as scenes and all is good.

Leggy.

Comments

• Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited June 2013
    If I recall correctly, show files are foreward compatible, but not backwards compatible with hog 3/4. So once you have loaded into H4, your show will not be fully compatible with H3.

JB
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    No, I believe they "swing both ways" :)

Leggy.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited June 2013
    Jonathan

I was albe to recreate this with a new show created on H4 1.2.0 then loaded on H3 3.2.6.
    I noticed that the Flash option was set to "None" and when setting it to "Flash" we do not change the "Flash Intensity Value". This value was set to 0 so hitting the Flash Key would bump the intensity to "0" instead of "100".
    If I set the "Flash Intensity Value" to "100" then flash keys worked as they should.

Can you please confirm that your "Flash Intensity Value" was also set to 0?
    edited June 2013
    Michael,

Good catch.

Flash Intensity is indeed set to zero, which it obviously wasn't in the original H4 show. I should have spotted that but its something I've never really needed to change so I didn't realise it was there.

Good work!

Leggy
    edited June 2013
    Jonathan

Great! We are seeing the same behavior.
    I will get a defect logged for this.
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited June 2013
    Leggy,

I'm sorry for the miss information. I thought it wasn't backwards compatible, and I'm not sure where I got that from.
    edited June 2013
    Jeff

You can take a H4 show and load it on H3 as long as the H3 desk is running 3.2.6 b3434.
    edited June 2013
    No worries Buzz, you were just trying to help.

Leggy.