Best way to program led effects with H4?

BURNING PIGGIESBURNING PIGGIES Registered User
Hi All,
I have tried several things and still not getting what I need out of the effects engine, any tips?:headbang:

Comments

• michandrzmichandrz Registered User
    edited June 2013
    What effect are you looking for? That would determine how you approach it.

It's funny you post this now because most of my rig this week is led and for most of my effects I use the fx engine
  • BURNING PIGGIESBURNING PIGGIES Registered User
    edited June 2013
    well the look I was making was all blue with intermittent white blasts, I wound up just writing it manually and it took forever......
    edited June 2013
    well to do that I'd just set the blue intensity to 100% and then in the effect table set Red and Green to the "step" value set range to 100% and then you can adjust your length and beat as times.

Now if your wanting them to flash at different times it should be as simple as holding down the "fan" key while moving the effect offset.

hope this helps :)
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    Or if you work with CMY:

fixtures @ full, colour blue (c=100 m=100 y=0), select -blue step, select grouping and buddying the way you like to have it, press and hold fan and turn the effects offset....

done
    edited June 2013
    It's been a minute since I've worked CMY, but if I remember correctly, Doesn't C+M=UV?

And if you wanted you to do it in HS you would set hue to 180º and then set your saturation to step, with the range set to 100% and then you could use the fan key to set your offset
  • BURNING PIGGIESBURNING PIGGIES Registered User
    edited June 2013
    I will have a rig up today, I will try all of this and Thanks for the replies!
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    michandrz wrote: »
    It's been a minute since I've worked CMY, but if I remember correctly, Doesn't C+M=UV?

And if you wanted you to do it in HS you would set hue to 180º and then set your saturation to step, with the range set to 100% and then you could use the fan key to set your offset

With LED you will only have the Blue LED on then...
    Inverted Colormodel to RGB
    edited June 2013
    MLorenz wrote: »
    With LED you will only have the Blue LED on then...
    Inverted Colormodel to RGB

What do you know....it worked, learn something new everyday