Maneuvering pages

For starters I'm aware that If you page + page or page + X + enter you can jump to any page out of sequence but could there be a way to quickly jump ie page+command keys or pressing open+tapping the page display on the bottom corner of the screen?

I'm wondering this because I find I use a lot of pages when I'm busking, including one for practicals and one for stage effects and get a little flustered when I'm next paging a million times to get to the right page.

Secondly a modifier key for "next page" that makes it previous page
  • I haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to move a page from the page directory to a command key. Then you can goto any one outa 11 pages with one hard key press. You can also set up a macro and assign it to a command key.
  • Make a small bar at the bottom of one of your touchscreen 1 tile high (12 wide) of the page directory. Turn off guard and you can just hit the page you want to go to.
  • A great idea, I'll admit I'm still getting used to what to layer my screen with, thanks Jon!
  • Like Buzz mentioned:

Move your pages to the command keys, any directory item can be assigned to a command key.

About previous page: Pig+Next Page will do that

On a Fullboar 4 or Hog 4 you will find dedicated buttons for this.
  • For standard show operations (unless I need something more)....

My basic layout is to split the cuelist window (unless on RH4...then it's just full size) and have virtual lists (as executors) on the screens. Then, at the bottom of each screen, I have a 1 tile high, 12 wide space. On the left screen, I have Pages and on the right screen, I have my macros.

For the band I'm programming for now, I have some basic macros for the tour. First one is a "Setup Pages" macro that opens the page screen full, turns off guard and allows them to arrange the pages based on the set list for the night (38 songs are programmed, plus punt pages). Another one resets the screen for the above setup and fills in the screen bottom with the set list so the op can punch and go. Another one puts the console into a standard rig setup and changes to the test page for load in testing...basic stuff like that.

The nice thing is having the right views and using them efficiently makes you a faster programmer.

I'll screen shot some of mine today when we are programming and put them here.
  • Sorry I forgot to post these when I was done... (yes, these are on a H3, but the same rules apply to the H4)

The first one shows some various color bumps across the top 3 lines. The bottom 2 is the order of the pages depending on the setlist.

[ATTACH]2599[/ATTACH]

The second shows some various chases, intensity effects, etc. The bottom is a set of macros that do different things.

SHOW - Changes the view to the operating page, triggers various lists, selects fader 1 for the song cue list.
    SETUP PAGES - This takes the PAGE directory, maximizes it, turns on guard. This allows the operator, as soon as he gets the set list, to hit this Macro and then move lists around to the top two rows in the order the band is going to play. To get back to the show, hit the SHOW macro.
    OPENING BAND - Pretty self explanatory. Sets up the page for the opening band, hides everything on the wing with blank lists (so they can't use the headliner stuff) and turns on guard for all of the views (again, so they can't trigger stuff accidentally).
    TEST PAGE - For load in, loads the test page onto the faders, opens a Rig layout for testing purposes
    LIVE TO PGM - For quick editting, whatever is live on stage (including any busking items) is pulled to the programmer. This also will not grab any houselights, hazers, fans, etc...only the main show fixtures.
    LAMP DOUSE - Pretty obvious

[ATTACH]2600[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps...
  • Jon,
    It would be interesting to see how your layout changes on the Hog4 with the ability to change palate sizes.
  • Doesn't change much...just allows for a lot more customization.

That layout was obviously Hog3, but I designed it for the operator and how he runs things. So, it all depends on the situation.

With the H4, I find myself having to change views less and less. Now, it's generally a programming view and an operating view. The ops page is similar, but with the added real estate, I can show a lot more macros for them to fire, plus having the Command Keys for things that live on the screens right now, opens up even more.

I just love the "customizability" of the console.