Hog4PC + ArtNet

[u]Problem:[/u] Hog4PC does not resume ArtNet broadcast after an interruption of the FixtureNet connection. The interruption can be a power cycle of all ArtNet node(s) or simply a disconnect of the main Cat5e/6 cable from Hog4PC.

Hog4PC v1.1.3 and v1.2.0 is running on a Windows 8 x64 touchscreen AIO computer. Bloatware has been removed and networking (firewall, virus scanners, etc) has been tuned for standalone, permanent installation as a show controller.

I have reproduced this with several ArtNet nodes including 1) a Pathway Pathport OCTO, 2) 9 Pathway Pathport C-Series nodes and 3) with a Coolux Pandoras Box Server.

In this first case, either a power cycle of the OCTO or a disconnect of the Ethernet cable coming from the Hog4PC stops ArtNet. ArtNet does NOT resume after the OCTO restarts or reconnection of the Ethernet cable.

In the second case, disconnecting the Ethernet cable from Hog4PC stops ArtNet and upon reconnection ArtNet broadcasting does NOT resume.

In the third case, after a reboot of the Pandoras Box server, Hog4PC does NOT resume ArtNet broadcasting.

In the above cases, ALL nodes are being taken offline at once. However in case #2, just taking one or several nodes offline, the disconnected nodes WILL receive ArtNet after reconnection.

I can workaround the issue by either 1) logging off & logging back on to the Hog4 show AFTER the reboot/reconnect event or 2) turning off, applying, then turning on & applying the individual ArtNet universes in [b]Network > DMX Processor > Settings > Art-Net[/b].

As best as I see the problem, Hog4PC assumes, upon losing communication with ALL connected nodes (whether one or many), a fatal event has occurred and ceases ArtNet broadcasting in perpetuity. The only method Hog4PC will rediscover the nodes are back online is through logging off/on or disabling/reenabling the ArtNet universes.

--L.