Trouble Re-Imaging Hard Drive Hog3

jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
Good day . I have been trying to re-image a Hog3 console. Everytime I get to the main menu and goto "Full Install" and press enter, I get the "Are You Sure?" and I say yes, then it goes directly back to the main menu and Exit is highlighted. I try to go to "Full Install" again and I get same "Are You Sure" and I press Yes again and then it freezes.

I've tried this with several different CD's that were burned at different rates.

Is there anything else I should look at? Please let me know. Thanks and take care!

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Hi Kevin, if the console jumps back to the main menu for Clean Install etc. The console is not seeing a valid image on the CD. It may be the CDs or it may be the CD drive.

If the console will boot up now in the old software try testing the CD drive by burning some show file backups to a CD and then dragging them back into the shows folder and confirm both directions on the CD drive are working correctly.
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2013
    Hi Mitch! We did get it to write files, read files and work correctly except to re-image the hard drive. I did switch to a different CD drive and now seems to re-image just fine. Not sure what the issue was, but glad we got it taken care of.