full boar 4 and dimmers

Jmckee1990Jmckee1990 Registered User
Hey all, I just took a TD position. Looking to get a Full Boar 4 but currently have an ETC system. Could I program a pathport system to do artnet to etcnet2 to talk to the house dimmers from the board. How would I program that into the Full Boar. Thanks all

Jeremy

Comments

• spcentralspcentral Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2013
    Are there any ETC nodes around the theater/building? If so, you could configure one of those nodes to be a DMX input to get DMX into the ETCNet2 system. If you do not have any nodes, you could look at buying an ETCNet2 (or even Net3) node to get DMX into the system.
  • Jmckee1990Jmckee1990 Registered User
    edited May 2013
    i never even thought of that.. I have like 4 of them hanging that convert the etcnet2 into dmx to get to some source 4 revolutions (that Ill replace). But i can go DMX into the Node and out ETCnet to the dimmers? For some reason I thought they didnt do the visa-versa thing...thanks for the reply
  • xp677xp677 Registered User
    edited May 2013
    Assuming you're using Sensor racks - they will accept DMX...
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can. You will just need to make some 5pin male to male adapters. And then have a computer with the configuration editor to configure the nodes.

You can even do some rudimentary merging with the nodes too.
    edited May 2013
    So. I can do dmx to cat5 to the dimmers from a Hog Board. But still leave a computer with the etcnet configuration program plugged on to assign channel numbers to the dimmers?
    edited May 2013
    After configuring the node for dmx input, you would no longer need the computer attached or running.

You would take care of assigning (patching) dimmers to channels within the hog.
    edited May 2013
    so would i do the actual channel settings of the dimmers at the Hog also? I know how to patch a desk channel on the Hog OS, but I would need to assign the channel of the dimmer within the sensor rack itself wouldnt i?
  • SotzremSotzrem Registered User
    edited June 2013
    ETC Sensor Racks Accept Direct DMX Inputs, for the ETC Node, For Each Universe You plan to use You will need a Node in Net2/3 and you will need to configure your patch bay to keep the Universes Separate otherwise the ETC Net will get confused, and be like... WTF