DMX dropout during page change

I have been touring internationally with a RHFB for the past couple of years. Running OS 3.2.6 currently along with a Road Hog wing. I modify my show file quite often, as i am using locally provided lighting systems.

My show is structured with a page per song, one master cuelist per page, with additional faders being used for chases, bumps, ICBFs, etc. The pages are linked via comment macros. The last cues of each page is identical to the first cue on the next page.

Very often, I experience a DMX dropout when changing pages. This is very inconsistent. It occurs at different places at different times. I can run the same
page changing cue 5 times and it may occur once or twice or not at all.

It looks like the cue gets released when I change and then taken again when the new page loads. All moving fixtures will lose intensity as well as all other attributes and then reassert. Conventional fixtures will black out and then fade back up with the new page.

I've tried to isolate this to specific pages changes and cues, but there doesn't seem to be any rhythm or reason. Final cues on one page and first cues on the next are completely identical and in most cases are direct copies of one another.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
  • Have you saved/captured activity on your pages?

Even if the cues are identical, you need to tell the console that the cue should also be active when the page has changed.

You can edit the action when you change the pages-directory to spreadsheet view, and in the macro tab of the page you will see what will be executed when the page is going to be selected.
  • Yes, I've saved activity. I've been running pretty much the same show for the last 3 years. It is very inconsistent. It occurs at different times with different page changes. It will execute flawlessly one show and drop out the next in the same place. There is no consistency as to when or where in my show it happens, so it's very hard to narrow down. I have approx. 22 page changes during the show.

It does seem to happen more since recent software updates.
Related