Bug Report V1.1.1 b337 Main GO double tap

HillbillyHillbilly Registered User
4-18-13
V1.1.1 b337
Hog 4

Issue - When pressing the main GO button, occasionally you get a double tap. Meaning, one button press results in two cues being fired. I have had this happen on multiple nights, with multiple cue lists.

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2013
    Jon,

you could also try to adjust your Key Double Press Timing in the Preferences, might help.
    Maybe a hardware-bug?
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2013
    It is possible the button itself needs to be replaced, this is not completely uncommon to see when the button starts to fail.
  • HillbillyHillbilly Registered User
    edited April 2013
    I guess it could be a bad button. The desk is only 3 months old, but you do get a bad one from time to time.
    edited April 2013
    I upgraded to the latest software, slowed down the key press timing and have still had a double tap. Happened again last night.

I'm thinking it could be hardware related at this point.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited April 2013
    Are you running any type of MIDI or TC or OSC?
    If not I think it could be a bad button as we have not seen that in the lab.
    We did have this problem in the proto type phase but found the hardware problem and fixed it.
    NO PRODUCTION CONSOLES EVERY MADE IT OUT THE DOOR WITH OUT THE "CORRECTED" BOARD
    edited May 2013
    Bumping this back to the top.....

I had this happen again the other day. Different desk (built on the same day as the other desk though), different show file, latest software.

What got me is that it is a different desk but with the same issue.

As always, it could be user error...but after hitting the "GO" a few hundred thousand times, I tend to be pretty consistent with how I press the go button. But I was watching myself and seeing if I was resting my hands differently on this desk or some such thing. I didn't notice anything different on hand placement, dragging across buttons, or accidentally resting a different finger against the GO button.
    edited May 2013
    Jon

Sorry for the late reply.
    Please send me your showfile and I will see if I can recreate this.
    I was thinking harware but if it has happened to you on two different consoles and different shows I need to spend more time tring to recreate this.
    edited June 2013
    Michael,

What's the latest upload site for this?

Thanks,
    edited June 2013
    Jon

Please use the following:
    https://highend.wetransfer.com/

Please send it me MGRAHAM@barco.com
    edited June 2013
    On it's way to you. There weren't any particular lists that this would happen with. It was very random and sporadic.
    edited June 2013
    Jon

Can you please re-send me your show file?
    I deleted it by mistake.

Thanks! Sorry!