Several Questions on HOG4 Operation from Newbie

Hey Guys

some questions regarding HOG operation cause i am new to it.

1. how to select ALL fixtures regardless of fixture type?
2. how to select fixtures used in a palette?

E.g in positions palettes that were stored per fixture.
I want to know which fixture is stored in that palette.
A known way is to open+palette. But that sets the blind mode as well.

3. how to select only the fixtures that are stored in a cue regardless of non zero levels?

I guess some more questions will come in my mind that are not answered in the manual.
  • [QUOTE=JayJay;65849]
    1. how to select ALL fixtures regardless of fixture type?

If making a group of all your fixtures is not an option, I would use Live Enter + Live @ 0 (but it doesn't select unpatched fixtures)

[QUOTE=JayJay;65849]
    2. how to select fixtures used in a palette?

E.g in positions palettes that were stored per fixture.
    I want to know which fixture is stored in that palette.
    A known way is to open+palette. But that sets the blind mode as well.

I would use Open+Palette, cause the blind is only for the editor, not for the programmer. When you close the palette editor the fixtures are still selected in the programmer.
    If you want them to programmer with values use Palette # Copy Enter

[QUOTE=JayJay;65849]
    3. how to select only the fixtures that are stored in a cue regardless of non zero levels?

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but Open Cue # Enter and closing the cue editor leaves those fixtures in programmer which have recorded values.

I guess there's other methods, but these were the ones came to my mind.
  • As posted above by Sami...

Open+Palette will select all fixtures in the programmer contained in that palette with no blind

Open+Cue/Scene/ will select all fixtures that reside in the cue scene in a blind state.

Source then copy then enter will select all fixtures and levels in a live state. If you don't want the selections to snap live, then choose blind before the copy.

I don't know of a quick way to select all the fixtures in a show without just grabbing all the user numbers in the show.

If you stick to the syntax of...
    (Selection) (Source) (Filter) (Function) (Target), then you can pretty much do whatever you want with all the data.