Roadhog shortcut

dennisnaehrdennisnaehr Registered User
Hey, is there a shortcut/ keystroke solution for the missing skip back/ skip forward buttons for the roadhog4?
And by the way: is there something like a general list for all the console shortcuts?
Thanx, dennis

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Dennis, which buttons do you mean?
    Masters on the Roadhog 4 have these buttons, are you talking about the main-playback-section?
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    Dennis

Please read section 26.1 in the manual.
    The section list all the keyboard shortcuts including a shortcut for skip forward and back.
  • dennisnaehrdennisnaehr Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Hey,
    @marc: yeah, talking bout the main section, although you're wrong, the masters don't have skip buttons either...
    @michael: thanx for the shortcut-list, so its K and J on a keyboard, but the issue remains: there's no way to skip through cuelists on a roadhog4 without external keyboard?
    Dislike! Can we change this?
    What about pig+play??
    edited March 2013
    Sorry Dennis.
    mixed up the step back button and skip...

pig+play is already used... starts all cuelist assigned to masters on that page
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    Dennis

You if need the skip forward and back you can remap other keys.
  • Hans BHans B Registered User
    edited March 2013
    MLorenz wrote: »

pig+play is already used...

okey, and what about holding Pause + play forward/ play backward?
  • ArnieCeArnieCe Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here! I really regret that these buttons are missing at the Roadhog. - How can I do this remapping? I cannot find anything about in the manual.

What about if one could use the additional „Choose“ button in the main controls section together with „Go“ (respectively „Back“) to skip forward or backwards? Just like in good old Hog II times... :) Of course this combination now is used to learn speed for chasers. But to do that one could still use the regular „Choose“ of the related playback.

At least this would be a reasonable use of the additional „Choose“?! Or what is that meant for?

@Dennis: Nice to have you met at Arcus'! ;)
  • ArnieCeArnieCe Registered User
    edited March 2013
    @Michael: You're not talking about the playback options („Pig“+“Choose“)? There's no option for skip forward or backwards?!

Hans' idea is great! Does that work allready? This would be even more intuitive!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2013
    2 options here:

1- Use an external keyboard and use keyboard shortcuts.
    2- re-assign another key (such as Assert or the Main Go/Back keys) to work as Skip Forward or Back

RoadHog 4 consoles & Nano wings have been shipping for a while now.....I doubt very much if there will be a hardware change.

Hope this helps. :)
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Well, in the old good Hog2 skipping could be done using Choose + Go or Pause...
    edited March 2013
    +1 for the HOG2 Idea!!!
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    This all reminds me about one thing...
    One very wise woman once said about console development, that when there's lot of changes in the development team, there's a danger that the console starts losing it's DNA.
    This is a kind of example of it...
    I really encourage everyone (including HES guys) to read the Hog2 manual a couple of times.
    There was great things in Hog2 we have forgotten. This was from the page 88 and there's a couple of other great shortcuts.

We can chart our future clearly and wisely only when we know the path which has led to the present. -Adlai E. Stevenson
  • Hans BHans B Registered User
    edited March 2013
    2 options here:

1- Use an external keyboard and use keyboard shortcuts.
    2- re-assign another key (such as Assert or the Main Go/Back keys) to work as Skip Forward or Back

1. in don't see this as an option, the external keyboard will be physical to far away from the main Go
    2. where or how can do this? can't find it.
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Excellent comment Sami about the Hog 2.

In my opinion there shouldn't be any feature missing on the Hog 4 that could be done on the Hog 2. This is currently the case. I'm pleased the syntax has changed, as it is so much more powerful this way, but some basic fundamental features have been lost....

I'd still very happily use a Hog 2 on a show and I cannot say that of any other desk of a similar age. Sami is right, the Hog 4 must develop, but stay true to it's roots.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Hans B wrote: »
    2. where or how can do this? can't find it.

Under "Cuelist Options", on the left side select "Main", then use the dropdowns to assign the existing keys however you like, also works under "Master" if you need it to.

Hope this helps. :)
  • HUGOLiTEHUGOLiTE Registered User
    edited June 2013
    srautane wrote: »
    Well, in the old good Hog2 skipping could be done using Choose + Go or Pause...

Any news here??

In meantime what you can do is to open the Play controls for the cuelist and use the touch screen to skip forward and back..

:hogsign: