Group masters and pages

Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
Hello,

I have never really used Group Masters before as inhibits and now i've had a play with them on the Hog 4 i'm a little confused.

I am trying to set up the console so that if I change page, the Group Master will remain effective in the background, and I will then gain live control of a different Group Master on the new page.

Currently, when I switch pages, although the console remembers the fader level, the master effectively behaves as though it's at 100% until I return to the page.

I have tried the setting "leave in background." This works for cuelists but not for group masters.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Only way to keep the active at the moment is to put them on a template-page.

So you are doing nothing wrong. There are requests and discussions how group-masters should be handled....
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    So currently we are limited by the number of physical faders we have, otherwise by changing page they will not hold their levels.

I'd certainly like to see the ability to hold the levels and remember the fader level. Now we have motorised faders I think this would be an excellent feature.
    edited March 2013
    Firewood1 wrote: »
    So currently we are limited by the number of physical faders we have, otherwise by changing page they will not hold their levels.

I'd certainly like to see the ability to hold the levels and remember the fader level. Now we have motorised faders I think this would be an excellent feature.

Unfortunately we have to deal with this at the moment. Hope that a future will bring an update/new feature
  • inthe128inthe128 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see group master accessed from the list or scene window or a dedicated show window, somewhere where show playback items could be shown and trim the level with an encoder as an option.

As the screens are bigger I would also like to see screen faders were group mastering, haze, smoke machines, venues house lights, things that need faders, but not at the expense of a physical fader could be, items of less faderage necessity need a better home.
    edited March 2013
    Andy & Colin:
    If you own an ipad you could create a TouchOSC layout only with faders as a workaround for those missing screen-faders
    All 9 playback-bars incl faders are available via OSC
    edited March 2013
    Hi Marc, I am doing this with a touch screen laptop at the moment, that works fine and is enough for my needs and keeps the main consoles faders clear for er... flash and trash.

The new larger screens would be great for a dedicated executor page, somewhere to store palettes, cues, whatever might be useful in one location for show playback.
    edited March 2013
    The user-kind buttons will receive more functions in one of the next releases.

And with scenes in use this might be a nice combination for busking shows....

Touchscreen-PC works also... But needs to log into the show... The OSC-solution is very handy and no needs for running an extra HOG-PC
    edited March 2013
    MLorenz wrote: »
    The OSC-solution is very handy and no needs for running an extra HOG-PC

Thats a good point, expect more more questions next week Marc ;)
    edited March 2013
    ;-)
    Hope I have answers ;-)