Dmx output slowing down

stevejardenstevejarden Registered User
I was running 1.1.1 in nano mode on a HP touch PC with windows 7 when Incurred this problem

Output would begin to slow down over 20 minutes. logging off and on would fix the issue only to slow down again over the next 20mins

we had a superwidget hog 3 playback and program wings attached
was a small rig of just 2 technobeams 4 mac 101s and 26 generic RGB LEDs any ideas on what is causing this?

I had used the same computer on a show a month ago and didnt have this issue

Cheers

Steve

Comments

• Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited February 2013
    Try it on a different computer and see if it still happens.

If it doesn't, then you need to clean up the computer that's slowing down.

I'm running H4 PC on a dedicated tower with an 8 core AMD CPU and 8 gigs of ram and have loaded it up to 8 full universes all crossfading with no noticable dmx slowdown.
  • stevejardenstevejarden Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah i need to drag it ot and have a look. This computer is brand new this was its second show.
    edited March 2013
    PC or mac?
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    Hi Steve, is the processor in the PC at least a Dual Core 1.7Ghz or faster? This is the minimum system requirements.

Are you using the two USB ports on the rear of one of the wings to connect the 2nd wing and widget to, or are the three devices each going to individual USB ports on the PC? You can try using one wing connected to the PC and the other two items connected to the rear of the first wing.

Was the PC connected to the internet or another network for example? Were there any other programs running at the time?
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure i meets the minimum requirements and i was using 2 x usb out of the computer and 1 out of the programme wing

No internet connection or other programmes running

Cheers

Steve
    edited March 2013
    Right so I have manage to sort this out, seemed to be a problem from a windows update I had installed after the first show. did a system restore back to before the updates and all seems to be working fine.

Computer is well up to spec quad core 2.2 ghz processor

Cheers

Steve
    edited March 2013
    Call me paranoid, but once a dedicated HPC system is built and running sweet... It never touches the internet again.

JB
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2013
    Right JB.

Never touch a running system, especially when running a system like HOGPC