Elation Platinum Beam 5R Pro Fixture Profile

joelwjoelw Registered User
As I'm sure you know, there's no minute like the last minute. And while poor planning on my part doesn't constitute and emergency, it's certainly a dilemma. It seems I mistook the regular Elation Platinum Beam 5R for the Elation Platinum Beam 5R Pro.

I was hoping there was a fixture profile built that just happened to not be online yet, since I need it tomorrow (I'm very sorry to do this and feel terrible, but it's a critical piece of our show and my oversight is very regrettable).

Here's the link to the DMX specs:

http://www.elationlighting.com/pdffiles/ELATION%20PLATINUM%20BEAM%205R%20PRO%20DMX%20TRAITS%20ver%201.0.pdf

I've emailed High End reps and the library request email, but I thought I'd post on here too. It doesn't matter what version (I'm fine with basic). I'm on the Wholehog III v3.2.3.

Many thanks in advance!

Joel W.

Comments

  • sinclairsinclair Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    Joel, have you tried using the elation/platinum_beam_5r_standard that's in the hog3 library? Looking at the dmx specs I don't see any differences between regular and pro. In fact, it seems that the only thing that makes it pro is the addition of wireless dmx.
  • joelwjoelw Registered User
    edited February 2013
    Resolved!

    Details to come!
  • joelwjoelw Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the delay, but here's a quick recap on the resolution that worked for me.

    I had 6 Elation Platinum Beam 5R Pro fixtures and addressed them according to the profile in the Hog library for the Elation Platinum Beam 5R (as noted, there's practically no difference in DMX between the two fixtures). I used the "standard" mode on the light.

    Upon testing, all the fixtures pan/tilted as planned but I was unable to open the shutter. I changed the mode/addressing on the fixtures to "extended". Still same issue. I changed the mode/addressing to "basic", still nothing.

    Finally, I eliminated all the other fixtures and just worked with one. It worked. I then added the second light, nothing worked.

    So with that outcome, I decided to set all the lights to "standard" and leave a gap in between fixture addresses. Everything worked.

    While user error is usually the issue and likely in this case, I didn't think that there were any DMX collision issues going on since all fixtures initially panned/tilted like normal. It seems though that leaving the gap in between fixture addresses prevented any sort of "collision" issues (or whatever was going on) and allowed everything to work as it should.

    Thanks again everyone for your quick response and assistance. One of the reasons I enjoy using a Hog!
Sign In or Register to comment.