Hog 4 PC Nano bugs

price4192price4192 Registered User
I found a few bugs the other night...
My gear is Nano Hog, Sony Vaio touchscreen and Hog 4 PC...

When a chase is located only in the cuelist directory (NOT on a fader), you should be able to click and hold the cue cell, then dial in the BPM on the left encoder wheel. But when you do this, the BPM does not change...it only works when on the fader. It appears that this does speed up and slow down the chase, but the BPM read out does not change. This is a HUGE deal for me!!!!

Also, I am experiencing a random changing of "play, pause, play backwards" functions above each fader (ie: I set them to step forward, halt and step backwards and they will randomly swap functions. Ie: unwantingly change to nothing, step backward, step forward).

Anyone else having these problems?

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited February 2013
    E.Price

What version of software are you running?
    If you are not on version 1.1.2 b339 please upgrade.

We have not heard of buttons randomly swapping functions.
    Are you using a Hog 3 show file or is this with a new show?
  • price4192price4192 Registered User
    edited February 2013
    Hog 4 show started from scratch.
    I will update my software tonight and re-check...then update here
    Thanks
  • MayliMayli Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    Hi E.Price,

Does the "Chase Rate" even show up on the encoder?
    I had a similar issue on a PC with a touchscreen. When a cell in the List directory was pressed and held, the touchscreen did not saw this as a "press&hold", but when I press down on the screen and moved the finger a little bit, it worked. It has something to do with the touchscreen driver.

Try to press on a virtual cuelist and move your finger.

Hope this helps!

Cheers Michael
    edited February 2013
    Michael,
    Yes, the rate shows up when I click and hold with the mouse AND using just the touchscreen.
    I just updated to the newest software, I will be testing later today and tomorrow.
    Cheers!
  • shandy666shandy666 Registered User
    edited February 2013
    Hi ! I have found that when holding choose and adjusting rate there is a massive lag in
    Number changes compared to the rate wheels moving on my wing !
    edited March 2013
    I have download the most recent version of HogPC 4, and the issues I've listed above seem to have gone away!! Hooray!!
    Must have just been some little early version bugs. Thanks for the help everyone!!
    Also...
    Andy- my rate GUI on the encoder works fine now...with zero lag. Maybe check to make sure your processor isn't getting held up by something?