Roadhog problems

Since last friday i got my Roadhog 4 :)

So far i have 2 problems.

1. When i shutdown the system, the desk will not restart directly.
When i push the button off and on nothing will happen.
After i wait for about 20sec en put my connector out of the power supply, the desk will restart ?

Another thing,
2 .When i am using dark color scheme, all the background is grey.
Except the cue list. The cue List is white en the texting in black. Not useable in the theater setting :15:

waiting for respons

Thanks
  • Vos

You should not have to wait to turn the console back on.
    If you are okay with going into the BIOS please perform this and see if it helps.
    www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/FB4_Cold_Boot_Optimization.pdf

I know if says Full Boar but the process is the same. Just perform steps 1 - 15.
    Please email me at MGRAHAM@BARCO.COM if you have any questions on this.

Are you using a H3 show file or is this a new H4 showfile?
  • Hi,

I made the complete procedure on one of our FB4, but it's doesn't not work. I have to wait more than 5s after having switch off the console to see it turning on after switch on.

Serial number : 5508412100098

Best regards

SEBASTIEN
  • Sebastien

If you did the full tech note your desk should boot without having to wait 5 seconds.
    Did you cut the reset switch wire?
    I would re-do the tech note making sure you do every step.
    If you still have the same problem I would contact our support dept.
  • I just got my hands on my first RH4 and have a few concerns off the bat---Wondering if HES or anyone out there has encountered some of the same "issues" I am experiencing, and how they are dealing.

1. Touchscreen Glare---It's awful---I had it up and running in my shop, getting things set up, under my overhead fluorescent lights---I couldn't see a thing through the glare---it's especially troublesome since the screen is in a fixed position---Clearly alot of programming in a dark space may eliminate that, but I often program with some amount of light up in the house....this is my biggest concern, as it is a pretty important piece of the package.

2. Size---It doesn't fit flat through a standard door (in case)---This is really troublesome for non-traditional venues, or anywhere with no dock---I have serious concern about the wear and tear that will come from either tipping the case for transport, or having to remove the console from the case outside (weather?) and hand carrying it to the FOH position. Very disappointing.

3. LightConverse license only includes 1 universe? What good is a visualizer when I can't patch my entire show into it--the license should equal the output capabilities that come with the console (4 universes)....I was definitely under the impression that I would be getting full visualizer capabilities with the console---and when I called my local dealer, they told me that everyone they had spoken with expected four, and only received one (universe)----not the answer I was looking for (if it's my bad, I understand, but this seems to be more than just me).

4. Is it just me or was my facepanel warped out of the box? By facepanel, I mean the metal piece around the touchscreen with fader labels (1-10) printed on it. It seems to almost "buckle" in the center (bottom side)...

5. Faders are shaky/flimsy----The faders are really flimsy feeling (I can deal with the "loose" feeling on up and down)---Specifically, there is alot of play side to side with them--

6. Startup: Fail----I noticed the same issue as reported earlier in this forum---When I shut down console, and flip rocker switch, it will not startup again on first try (with rocker switch)...Definitely a bummer here...Also, when shutting down the screen flashes a quick error message that a connection has failed---I assume it is looking for a primary server (dp8000, etc). but not sure....

I have been running H4PC with H3 wings and my Mac Mini for several months, and am pretty pleased with the new software in general. I am at a loss with what to do with my RH4 in order to ensure stability and functionality. Suggestions? Comments?

One thing I would be particularly interested in would be to treat my RH3 as playback/program wings, while running H4 on my Mac (in bootcamp)---Would it be possible to do this?

Thanks.
  • [QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]I just got my hands on my first RH4 and have a few concerns off the bat---Wondering if HES or anyone out there has encountered some of the same "issues" I am experiencing, and how they are dealing.

1. Touchscreen Glare---It's awful---I had it up and running in my shop, getting things set up, under my overhead fluorescent lights---I couldn't see a thing through the glare---it's especially troublesome since the screen is in a fixed position---Clearly alot of programming in a dark space may eliminate that, but I often program with some amount of light up in the house....this is my biggest concern, as it is a pretty important piece of the package.

Have you tried to switch to the white scheme when working in bright conditions? Also adjusting the brightness and chroma helps a lot

[QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]
    2. Size---It doesn't fit flat through a standard door (in case)---This is really troublesome for non-traditional venues, or anywhere with no dock---I have serious concern about the wear and tear that will come from either tipping the case for transport, or having to remove the console from the case outside (weather?) and hand carrying it to the FOH position. Very disappointing.

Tipping is no problem....
    And for the door, turn in 90° push it thru the door, turn it back the 90° and you are done ;-)

[QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]
    3. LightConverse license only includes 1 universe? What good is a visualizer when I can't patch my entire show into it--the license should equal the output capabilities that come with the console (4 universes)....I was definitely under the impression that I would be getting full visualizer capabilities with the console---and when I called my local dealer, they told me that everyone they had spoken with expected four, and only received one (universe)----not the answer I was looking for (if it's my bad, I understand, but this seems to be more than just me).

Thats crazy, cause Roadhog should come with 32 lines of Lightconverse.
    There must be a problem with the dongles!!!
    You should call HES-Support

[QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]
    5. Faders are shaky/flimsy----The faders are really flimsy feeling (I can deal with the "loose" feeling on up and down)---Specifically, there is alot of play side to side with them--

The faders sometimes get loose during transport, cause they are not fixed with any screws to the housing. The are direct on the PCB in a "slide-in" mounting. Opening the console, push them back in helps or what could be done: double-sided self adhesive tape along the top and bottom of the faders....
    This was done in some older consoles/wings before....

[QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]
    6. Startup: Fail----I noticed the same issue as reported earlier in this forum---When I shut down console, and flip rocker switch, it will not startup again on first try (with rocker switch)...Definitely a bummer here...Also, when shutting down the screen flashes a quick error message that a connection has failed---I assume it is looking for a primary server (dp8000, etc). but not sure....

Follow the tech-note given by Michael Graham.
    I did this for my Fullboar, now all is fine.

[QUOTE=MichaelMax;65492]
    One thing I would be particularly interested in would be to treat my RH3 as playback/program wings, while running H4 on my Mac (in bootcamp)---Would it be possible to do this?

No, the only thing is load a show from H4 into the RH3 if your are running 3.2.6 or higher.
  • 32 Lines? Ok, I have to ask for. I also got a single Line Dongle with my Road Hog 4...

And: I´ve no problems with booting or rebooting. BUT: With Whole Hog 4 and Full Boar 4 you can use a "qwertz" - keyboard...not on a Road Hog 4!!
  • Michael

Please follow the tech note on the FPS website to improve the boot up time. It was written for the Full Boar but the steps are the same for the Road Hog.
    The error message is NOTHING to worrie about, this will be hidden if a future release.

If your front panel is bent please contact support so we can take care of this.

Is it just me or was my facepanel warped out of the box? By facepanel, I mean the metal piece around the touchscreen with fader labels (1-10) printed on it. It seems to almost "buckle" in the center (bottom side)...

I am not sure what you are asking here?

I am at a loss with what to do with my RH4 in order to ensure stability and functionality. Suggestions? Comments?

The LC dongle should be 32 universe, we are Speaking with LC and should have an answer on this soon.
    3. LightConverse license only includes 1 universe?
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;65507]The LC dongle should be 32 universe, we are Speaking with LC and should have an answer on this soon.Yes, LC Design dongle included with HOG is 32 universes.
  • Thanks Everyone---
    I'll look into all of this--appreciate the quick responses.
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;65487]Sebastien

If you did the full tech note your desk should boot without having to wait 5 seconds.
    Did you cut the reset switch wire?
    I would re-do the tech note making sure you do every step.
    If you still have the same problem I would contact our support dept.

Hi i made all the steps and i cut the reset switch wire. That didn't change anything.

After switch off the console, i have to wait that the red led ( power led on the rear panel ), being off ( 5s) to switch on the console.

best regards

Sebastien