Bug Report - Nano Mode in v. 1.1.1. Crashes Hog 4 PC Desktop

tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
We had a customer experiencing an issue this weekend on a show running Hog 4 PC with the Nano Hog 4 wing.

He completed the firmware update on the Nano (after having hardware driver issues) and updated software to build 1.1.1. build 337. He is running Windows 7 Pro on a Dell Vostro laptop.

Whenever he selects Nano Mode in settings and launches his show file, the Hog 4 PC Desktop flashes and disappears.
  1. Nothing in the task bar
  2. ALT + Tab does nothing as Hog 4 PC is not seen as active.
  3. CTL + ALT + DEL and there is nothing in the applications list.
  4. Hog 4 PC processes are still running as he is unable to relaunch Hog 4 PC without a reboot.
If he launches Hog 4 PC in normal mode everything works fine, but of course he does not have access to anything on the 5th encoder.

Was not an issue in the first release of Hog 4 PC.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2013
    It sounds like perhaps the parent window and GUI front panel are being stored way off the desktop and that is causing the application to fail.

Try this:
    1) Find the persistent folder on your computer by going here:
    c:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\FlyingPigSystems\Hog4PC

2) Delete the entire "Persistent" folder

3) Now try launching Hog 4PC in nano mode again.
  • tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    Thanks. I will forward that to my customer. So to be clear, Nano mode not only combines attributes from 5 encoders to 4, it also only opens 1 window in the PC? (plus front panel) Both the primary and secondary views are combined together?

Didn't notice this before in Nano mode, but perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
    edited February 2013
    Yes, Nano mode takes Hog 4PC down to 4 encoders and a single parent window. It's quite nice to have a single parent window when you only have one monitor. I think even without the Nano Wing attached it is now the preferred way to run Hog 4PC on laptops and single touchscreen machines.
  • tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2013
    Sounds handy. But it does beg a question.

If someone is using Hog 3 wings or the Nano on a PC system with multiple monitors and they want to keep the windows separate, how do they do that and still have access to the 5th encoder wheel?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
    edited February 2013
    You can still enable extra external monitors even in Nano mode. Take a look in the control panel.

Since the main playback bar can be moved to any window you can essentially go back to dual windows but still remain in Nano mode with 4 encoders.