Cyberlight m2 litho

I've patched a cyberlight m2 litho, and I set the address DIP switches to mode 2 for DMX control. Does anybody know the correct personality switches that should be toggled on and off. I have a road hog console. I've looked through appendix A on the CL manual and it was no help at all. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-D :hogsign:
  • General Settings:
    Switch 7 to ON
    Switch 8 to OFF

Adress switches ON
    Fixture 1: none DMX Adress 001
    Fixture 2: 1 DMX Adress 021
    Fixture 3: 2 DMX Adress 041
    Fixture 4: 1 and 2 DMX Adress 041

See page 99 of the manual
  • Okay, I got that, but there are two DIP switch panels (as you know) I've done everything for the address switches, I need assistance with the personality switches (the second panel). I'm not in control at all. The fixture doesn't respond to any commands I give it. So I'm almost positive it's the personality switches that need to be toggled. Any idea?
    Thanks
    -D :hogsign:
  • All the personality switches on the second "bank" should be set to OFF.

Try this:
    Connect only one Cyberlight to your controller, terminate the DMX link (no other devices).
    Set all your DMX & Personality switches to OFF.
    Set DMX switch 7 to ON.

You should now have control of your unit starting at DMX channel 001.
    Make sure you are using the m2 fixture profile.

If you have no control then, the problem lies elsewhere (DMX output of the desk, bad cable, bad dip-switches on the fixture or something else on the fixture).

Look at the green "Rcv" LED on the back to see if the fixture is receiving DMX signal. Also be sure you have a properly terminated DMX link.

If you switch Personality switch #1 to ON the unit should run through self-test so you can see if everything is functioning correctly.

There should be a factory installed label on the back of the unit that details what all the switches do as well as what settings to use.

You should also :rtfm: found here for full information on all switches:

www.highend.com/pub/products/automated_luminaires/CyberLightTurbo/CyberLightTurboManual.pdf

One final thing is to be sure you have matching unit type and fixture profile...a CX model will not be properly controlled by a CL profile for example......

Hope this helps. :)
  • Okay. I'll give that a try when I go in tomorrow. I have the correct fixture patched, so it should work. Thanks a lot.
    -D
Related