Multi Master Selections On The FB4

Now that we can select multiple masters for synchronized rate adjustment, how do we implement this feature with the FB4 since it doesn't have a global rate wheel? Will functionality be given to allow this in the FB4 and other desks below the H4 Console?

JB
  • It works also in HOG4PC and a Nanowing....
    Cause you can create your rate wheel via OSC or if you have a masterwing, there is a rate-wheel....

Or did i get something wrong in your question
  • Sorry if I wasn't clear..

So on my FullBoar4. If I make multiple master selections, then, since I don't have a hardware rate wheel, I cannot adjust the cuelist rate for all selected masters. I can see how it would work on the PC with the software front panel since there exists a software rate wheel, but on the FB4 and RH4 there is no rate wheel, nor the ability to get a software rate wheel. I have tried selecting multiple masters and then holding down the masters in different combinations to use the encoder wheels to change rate, but it only affects the master that is being held, not all the ones that are selected.

So, how do we utilize the new functionality of the multiple selected masters on the FB4 and RH4?

JB
  • The selected master concept is not fully implemented yet. For v1.1.0 the most stable functionality we could offer in this development cycle was use of the rate wheel across selected masters. In a future release we do plan to allow selected masters to be controlled via the main playback controls (main play, main pause, release, etc…)
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;65154]The selected master concept is not fully implemented yet. For v1.1.0 the most stable functionality we could offer in this development cycle was use of the rate wheel across selected masters. In a future release we do plan to allow selected masters to be controlled via the main playback controls (main play, main pause, release, etc…)

Thanks Chris,

In the future will the FB4 and RH4 users have the ability to adjust global rate across multi selected masters just like the H4 Console, but with another hardware wheel such as the encoders or the trackball ring?

JB
  • Jeff, the short answer is no. The Master Wing 4, which will ship sometime this spring will feature a rate wheel. This will be compatible with all Hog 4 OS products.

Marc, rate wheel messages through OSC are not supported on FB4 or RH4 as those consoles do not have a hardware rate wheel. As you will see in the log viewer on those console the OSC rate wheel messages are just ignored.
  • [QUOTE=c_muenchow;65154]The selected master concept is not fully implemented yet. For v1.1.0 the most stable functionality we could offer in this development cycle was use of the rate wheel across selected masters. In a future release we do plan to allow selected masters to be controlled via the main playback controls (main play, main pause, release, etc…)

[QUOTE=c_muenchow;65158]Jeff, the short answer is no. The Master Wing 4, which will ship sometime this spring will feature a rate wheel. This will be compatible with all Hog 4 OS products.

Ok, so I think I understand.

So in the future, after you guys have associated the main playback controls with the "Multi Sellected Masters" (main play, main pause, release, etc…), the FB4 and RH4 folks will be able to select multiple masters and then hold down the main playback control choose key and rotate the encoder wheels to adjust all of the rates simultaneously on all the chosen masters? Or, and I hope this isn't the case, that we just won't have any of that functionality unless we combine a master wing to the FB4?

JB
  • You are correct on the first count JB. The playback control on selected masters with be implemented on every controller in the Hog 4 OS family.