Proper boot sequence.

geo81mj@geo81mj@ Registered User
edited January 2013 in Axon
Hey all,
I have an Axon rack using a DVI matrix to send both CMA and Content to a number of monitors. I am having some trouble getting the CMA to boot up, or even show face on the monitor it should be on.

I know that the Axon wants to see a signal from a desk on start up however with out having access to the CMA I can not address the servers properly so that they can see the signal I am sending them. Tried DMX and ArtNet still no luck.
Any ideas or thoughts.
Mike Gio.

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2013
    Actually what might be happening is that it is not sensing the DVI Matrix.

If everything is hooked up and sending proper EDID, the CMA output will be on monitor 1 and the Content will be on monitor 2. However, if no EDID is present on Monitor 2, content will default to monitor 1 since it thinks you don't have anything hooked up.

Now, depending on your DVI matrix, some of them (Extron and Gefen I believe) have a way to send EDID from the matrix so that it knows they are active. Just in case, I always use DVI Detectives or DVI Parrot's on EVERY DVI output so that it locks in.

DVI Detective Plus
    DVI Parrot

You don't have to have a console connected on startup.

You can also hook up a laptop through a switch to the ethernet port and connect to the CMA that way if you need to.