Wholehog III problem... Help me please!!!

i have a problem with my console hog3, the problem is when i try to turn it on
the screen don't start always are in black, don't turn on, after seconds the choose keys
start flashing like 3 time quickly and then repeat the cycle, after 30 min the screens turn on
and everything is normally but then when i try to turn it on again happen the same thing, and now
even wait 30 minutes or more dont start the screens... do you know about this problem?

i tried to change HDD, Ram memory, add an external monitor for VGA, IDE cable... any solutions?? thanks
  • The console does not find the frontpanel (flashing choose keys indicate that)

In your case it seems that after while the frontpanel is found and the console boots.
    Check all connections to the frontpanel and also the powersupply for the frontpanel.

This has nothing to do with the HDD or RAM, external Monitors etc....
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;64520]The console does not find the frontpanel (flashing choose keys indicate that)

In your case it seems that after while the frontpanel is found and the console boots.
    Check all connections to the frontpanel and also the powersupply for the frontpanel.

This has nothing to do with the HDD or RAM, external Monitors etc....

Hey dude i checked all connections and voltages and its ok, but not start :(, back to the console are 3 ligths to say the voltages 13.7, 12 and 5 V, but when the console is ON the 12V light is Off, the others are On, is that normal?, i check voltage in the psu distribution with the multimeter and give me 12v, so i think the indicator voltage is wrong, help me please :(
  • No thats not normal!!!
    12V should be on as well.
    PSU is outputting the 12V but they wont go into the PCB.
    So any bad/broken soldering point might be the cause or any other damage in the power-supply-chain of the 12V.
    You have to follow the 12V on the PCB (if possible) and check there the voltages, so you can figure out the region of the problem. If it is a just a bad solder-point it is fast solved. Broken resistors or so are harder to find.
  • Hi, if you are comfortable doing so, there are points on the Power Distribution PCB you can measure. They will be labeled 13.7v, 12v, and 5v. Where the labeled points are, there are two regulators under the PCB and is what you are actually measuring. The points on the regulators come up through the holes in the Power Distr PCB. For example if you measure 13.7v but do not get anything at the two 12v points, it is possible the regulator is faulty. If you do not get the 12v, you can power down the console and remove the cables from the end of the Power Distr PCB and power up and measure again. If the 12v is now there, there may be something downstream causing the problem. If not the regulator may be the problem.

If all power is ok, the 12v LED may just be faulty and the problem may be with the Front Panel PCB or cabling or even the Processor PCB, although the power is definitely a possibility if the Front Panel is only getting 5v for example.
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;64590]No thats not normal!!!
    12V should be on as well.
    PSU is outputting the 12V but they wont go into the PCB.
    So any bad/broken soldering point might be the cause or any other damage in the power-supply-chain of the 12V.
    You have to follow the 12V on the PCB (if possible) and check there the voltages, so you can figure out the region of the problem. If it is a just a bad solder-point it is fast solved. Broken resistors or so are harder to find.

sorry i know that its not normal just i wanted to say that i was measuring and was correct i think that is a bad 12v LED, i checked all the volages and follow on the PCB and was correct and still monitors turn off :(
  • hi Mitch thanks for help me,

im measuring the points and im getting the correct voltages 13.7, 12 and 5, so maybe is just a bad 12v LED, i checked the voltages from front panel, HDD, monitors and it was ok i took some pictures and im going to put here

[QUOTE=Mitch;64601]Hi, if you are comfortable doing so, there are points on the Power Distribution PCB you can measure. They will be labeled 13.7v, 12v, and 5v. Where the labeled points are, there are two regulators under the PCB and is what you are actually measuring. The points on the regulators come up through the holes in the Power Distr PCB. For example if you measure 13.7v but do not get anything at the two 12v points, it is possible the regulator is faulty. If you do not get the 12v, you can power down the console and remove the cables from the end of the Power Distr PCB and power up and measure again. If the 12v is now there, there may be something downstream causing the problem. If not the regulator may be the problem.

If all power is ok, the 12v LED may just be faulty and the problem may be with the Front Panel PCB or cabling or even the Processor PCB, although the power is definitely a possibility if the Front Panel is only getting 5v for example.
  • Hello, it is not possible to tell the exact cause from only the LEDs. To the left of the first encoder there are two LEDs, one for 5v and one for 13.7v. If these are not illuminated the front panel may not be getting proper power. As you mentioned measuring on the Power Distribution PCB and the 12 v was present. If this is the case, it may be the power cable to the Front Panel PCB.

It may also be the Front Panel PCB or Processor PCB has a problem.
Related