Console going into sleep even when GO is pressed

Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
Hello,

This is not something I have personally experienced, as when programming I never left the screens alone for this to happen.

My board operator is reporting that the console is going into sleep during the shows. The first time the screens went black on him he was obviously quite concerned! The show cues run on a single playback plus haze machines and other effects on other playbacks. During the show the touch screens are never touched.

Please can this be looked into? Surely the console should not go into sleep if the GO button, or any other buttons/faders are being touched.

Cheers

Colin

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2012
    This is not sleep the console is going into. This is simply the display turning its backlight off.

Which console is this (Hog 4, FB4?) and what is the backlight timeout preference set to in that show file?
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    Hi Chris,

Apologies, sleep is of course the wrong terminology. Indeed, it is just the backlight going off, but still rather disconcerting when you're following a cuelist!

I have just checked the show file. The backlight is set to go off after 60 minutes. The console is a Hog 4.

Cheers

Colin
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    Hi Chris I have noticed this also. I wonder if not all actions are being classed as activity and allowing the console backlight to time out even though the go button is being pressed.
    Regards Ross
  • Edgar CamposEdgar Campos Registered User
    edited January 2013
    I am also having the same issue with a Full Boar 4 and timeout preference set to 30 minutes.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2013
    Thanks guys. I am investigating the matter.
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2013
    Excellent, many thanks
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited January 2013
    Hello Guys

We have found the issue and this will be fixed in our next release.