Palette Recording Problem

Hi there
There're still some big Problems with the merge function into existing palettes. Sometimes I can't merge any changes into the existing Palettes.
This is a mess for a Show with lot of different fixtures and palettes! Replace wan't work for my sactual how....
This bug should have high priority.
System is a Hog4 (b321) with a Fullboar in the same Network, the poblem happens also when I use just one of These desks.
Cheers
Hg
  • I have seen this as well.. The color coding/Shading in the programmer after the attempted merge will indicate that some fixtures didn't take the merge.

My workaround is to attempt the merge again.

Im still on the old version just before b321.

+1 on this being a priority.

I'm also seeing a good handful of small glitches happening. Fortunately all within the Desktop Module/Process and is not affecting playback or the server.

JB
  • Gentlemen, do happen to have any examples of this issue? There are not any bugs that I am aware in regards to your post.

HG, you mention "replace" doesn't work in palettes. Can you give an example of how you are trying to use the replace functionality in a merge palette situation?

It's good to keep in mind that the automated merging logic for palettes is quite complicate as it changes depending on the contents of your programmer in terms of which rules we try to add/append to the palette. For example, you cannot change a global rule for a pallet e unless all values in your programmer match and you select global as the merge option. This is why it is important to establish exactly which situations you are seeing the failure in.
  • Chris,

My most recent example of this was yesterday. Wasn't a merge into a palette, but it was an update into a 3rd subsequent tracking cue behind a blocking cue.

1. Blocking cue1 in a tracking list contained "I" and "C" values for an LED wall made of Color Blasts and ICoves.

2. Tracking Cue2 in the same list contained only new "C" values.

3. Tracking Cue3 in the same list contained only new "C" Values different from Cue 1 and 2.

4. Desk was running Cue3, output was a sum of tracked values from 1-3.

5. Made a slight change in Saturation for Cue 3 and updated.

6. After update noticed that not all the fixture parameters indicated in the programer changed to white from blue (indicating the save, merge or update).

7. Confirmed not all Fixtures were updated into Cue3 by tapping blind and viewing the LED wall.

8. Re-selected all the LED's in the programmer touched active param's for shits and giggles and re applied the update to Cue3. All was well.

The above only happens very seldom.

Will check logs for you guys if and when it happens again.

Edit... Fyi, I'm still using b304 not b321, so not sure if it even applies anymore.

JB
  • Hi Chris
    I select my VL3500 Group, then I select a existing beam palette and change some (existing) shutter values and merge this into the Palette. Sometimes it takes the value, sometimes not....
    Replace is working for the desk but not for me because with replace, i'll lost al the others values or i have to "load" always al fixtures / values before I replace.
    Hg
  • Hi all,

Maybe this is a "per Type/per Fixture" thing.
    HG, do the selected fixtures have sometimes the same values?
    Have you tried to select "per Fixture" as merge option.

Cheers Mayli