DL2 projector can use to normal projection?

Can i use DL2 for normal projection,open it for ~1-3hrs?
just like normal projector
If it is work,how to setup the DL2 for normal projection?
Can i use it for computer projection?

Hope someone can tell me,and teach me how to set up,thank you
  • Hi Eric,

Yes, the DL.2 can be used for normal computer projection, however you will still need some type of lighting controller in order to control the head of the fixture for pan/tilt/zoom/focus/iris.

The easiest way to hook up a computer to the DL.2 for projection is by using the VGA connector on the the I/O panel of the top box. Once, connected, you'll have to switch the DL.2 to accept the external input. There are a couple of ways to do this:

Via the fixture menu (must be using software version 2.0.0 or later)

1) In the fixture menu, navigate to the SET -> I/O tab
    2) The first menu item on that tab is "Fixture Input". Select this and change it to 'External'
    3) You should hear an audible "click" from the fixture as the input relays switch

Via a control console:

1) Make sure the fixture is powered on, fully booted, and you have control of the fixture with the lighting controller.
    2) Open the iris of the fixture by setting the motion intensity channel to 100% (255)
    3) In the control channel, select external or RGBHV input
    4) Close the iris by setting the motion intensity channel to 0%.
    5) Wait approximately 5 seconds. You should hear an audible "click" come from the fixture as the input relays switch.
    6) Open the iris again and verify that the VGA input is functioning.

Once you have set the fixture input to external, it will remain that way until you switch it back to internal. So, if the fixture is power cycled or rebooted, it will remain on the external input.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
  • Thank for your reply =]
    I will try it late,when I have any question I will ask you.
    Thank you!