Touch OSC Path For Hardware Release Key

Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
Was experimenting with TouchOSC and H4. With the default TouchOSC Templates that HE supplies, I noticed there is no "Release Key". The workaround so far, has been for me to just "Goto 0" on the chosen master, but it requires a page change on the TouchOSC Template, which is really no big deal. Either way I was playing around with the Touch OSC editor trying to assign the hardware release key to a template with no luck. I was guessing at the path using /hog/hardware/release.

Is that the correct Path?

Or, is the Hardware "Release" key not mappable to OSC yet?

Comments

• michandrzmichandrz Registered User
    edited November 2012
    For the Master Release your correct it is:
    /hog/hardware/release

use data ranges 0 to 1 (0 being your normal)

This will release the "chosen" master. I do believe you can choose masters, but have not been able to test if i had to guess i'd say you just add the master number to the end.
    /hog/hardware/release/3

^might release master 3

Feel free to use my template as a guide:
    http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=13874
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Michael, appreciate the reply. Will try again later. I'm not sure what I did to booger it up.

;)
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    /hog/hardware/release/3

^might release master 3

No - via OSC you only have a mapping for the single release key, not a mapping for releases on specified masters.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    Buzz313th wrote: »
    Was experimenting with TouchOSC and H4. With the default TouchOSC Templates that HE supplies, I noticed there is no "Release Key".

Hey,

I have the Template from HES and it has a release key...

Playback Wing Page, right part. There are all master control buttons incl Release

See screenshot....
    edited November 2012
    MLorenz wrote: »
    Hey,

I have the Template from HES and it has a release key...

Playback Wing Page, right part. There are all master control buttons incl Release

See screenshot....

Was using the iphone version.

Iphone version doesn't have the hardware release key.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited December 2012
    Jeff

You are correct in that we do not have the "Main Playback" section in our OSC template for the iPhone. This section includes the release key.
    The good thing about OSC is you can customize the interface, so if this is something you would like to have you will need to create a new template or modify ours.

The iPad version looks more like the console as the iPad has more screen space.
    edited December 2012
    Thank Michael,

Yeah, I threw together a custom Iphone Touch OSC template that better suited my needs.

My original post was pointed at my ignorance to the necessary OSC path needed for the actual hardware release key.

Thanks for your reply

JB