Where to Purchase Lamps?

daniel_pdaniel_p Registered User
edited January 2013 in HES Automated Lighting
I'm looking for a reputable site that sells lamps for 250 Studio Spots, Martin 250 Krypton, Marton 700 Profile

The 250's take:
Philips MSD 250/2

the 700:
OSRAM HTI 700/wd4/75

I found this site:
http://www.planetbulb.com

Just wanted to know if there were any others that I should look at.

Help appreciated!

Comments

• tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited November 2012
    I tend to find that Kennedy Webster Electric in Chicago stocks most all GE and Phillips lamps, and they have the best prices I have seen . . . . Most want $190 to $220 for an MSR700/SA, and KW asks $164 or so . . . Fast ship too, typically same day.

- Tim
  • litedorklitedork Registered User
    edited December 2012
    www.lightparts.com sells lamps at pretty good prices, from what I understand...

Thanks,

Robert Mokry
    LightParts Inc.
    edited December 2012
    Kennedy-Webster seems to typically be at least $30 to $40 a unit below LightParts for Phillips . . . sorry Robert . . . you are pretty good as far as theatrical suppliers go, but some of the big electrical houses that also carry Phillips, GE, etc. do a whole lot better, and still have quick service . . .

- Tim
  • AtlantaDJAtlantaDJ Registered User
    edited January 2013
    This site seems to have good pricing on the Philips 250 MSD/2, although I have not purchased from them yet!

http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/the-8221/msd-250-fdsh-2%2C-msd-250w-fdsh-2%2C/Detail
    edited January 2013
    The wording and price makes it certain that these are Chinese ripoffs and not actual Phillips lamps . . . read the last line in 'detailed specs' where the state mfg. names are for cross reference purposes only . . .

- Tim
  • whitleyrichardwhitleyrichard Registered User
    edited January 2013
    i bought a cheap 250 bulb back in december for like 35 bucks to try in one of my studio spots.. its been great so far so i ordered 4 more.. if i can find the info of the site ill post it asap