Keep Palette Preferences?

drathbundrathbun Registered User
Is there a way to keep palette preferences from going back to defaults?

I set my colour, group and position palettes to "color code entire button" and it won't stay that way if I close the palette and open it again.

Also, even though windows like OUTPUT will remember the "compact" setting after closing and opening again, it will not remember it after the console is shut down and started up again.

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    I looked at this briefly. I put one palette/group in each window and color coded using Entire Button. If I close only one window such as Position and reopen it via the Position button it keeps the correct setting.

If I close all windows and use the prerecorded palette "PALETTES" the color does not stay. If I make a new palette and open via the new palette, the color stays. Logging off of the show and relaunching, it works the same, the color is held if I use the new palette.

I can bounce between the prerecorded PALETTES and the one I made and watch the color come and go.
  • drathbundrathbun Registered User
    edited November 2012
    So the answer is, once you've set your palette settings the way you like them, save the view OVER the pre-recorded PALETTES view button and they will stay.

EDIT: Yes that works. I was hitting PALETTES and it was, obviously, going back to the pre-recorded palettes without the changes.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    I actually think that's a great feature, much like recording 'compact' and position in a scrollable window into different views.
    I can see wanting the colors to render differently depending on what I wish to view.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    The settings for the buttons are stored in the view!
    I also like this feature a lot
    edited November 2012
    I like the feature a lot too now that I know that the settings are stored in the view. I was a bit shy to overwrite the pre-recorded palettes, output and programmer buttons.

Now that I have, my output and programmer view buttons no longer function the same way though. Now when I hit Output view, I get my settings (compact) but it affects my right screen windows as well. The same is true with the Programmer view button. It used to only pop up the programmer on the right screen and leave whatever was on the left alone. My overwritten buttons now affect both screens. Is there a filter or setting for the views to just have it work by popping up one screen only?
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    You can change the options of views in the view directory.
    Switch from Buttons to sheet-view and choose the behaviour you like
    edited November 2012
    MLorenz;63614 said:
    You can change the options of views in the view directory.
    Switch from Buttons to sheet-view and choose the behaviour you like
    Thanks so much Marc!