More options needed for Nano Mode

Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
We need the ability to split the Nano Mode of H4PC into two options:
1 - Nano Front Panel
2 - Nano Single Screen

This way users can still maintain established screen layouts with the smaller Nano + old wing hardware.

Additionally the Nano Front Panel GUI should move the main playback controls all the way to the left as they are on the physical consoles, and the Rate + Intensity wheels should go away too.
If you're going to go with a modified front panel for Nano Mode.....you might as well go all the way.

Comments

• GianGian Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Agree on that...

Regards
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Marty

The GUI Nano Front Panel has been a hot topic in the office.
    I will log your request and bring this up again in our next meeting, Monday morning.
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    The top bar views and window controls should also have the option to be split in Nano mode.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Playdoe9 wrote: »
    The top bar views and window controls should also have the option to be split in Nano mode.

I think that over complicates things....chances are if you need to split the toolbars, you are not going to use the "Nano Single Screen" mode, but rather keep "Standard Screen" mode to give you full toolbars on each screen as normal.
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Ahha makes sense
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited November 2012
    I like the idea of having a nano screen mode and then a nano wing mode. That way in situations where I only have one screen the view is compact however I would like the option of having 1/8 screen sized windows. Lets face it with today's larger touchscreens you have more real estate only allowing 4 windows creates quite a bit of wasted space. I just opened up a show in nano mode and in a 1/4 window position directory I have 75 palettes available 140 if I shrink them to small. The other option would be to allow user to size the windows themselves. I like the nano wing mode for just hardware that allows me more flexibility with the screens to set up as I normally would sizing windows so the playback bars match the wings.
  • RobfulRobful Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with Marty's suggestion. If you were to select "Nano front panel" mode, I'd like to see the playback and encoder bars change to match the Nano hardware (number of slots/faders) but otherwise keep the left and right touchscreen layouts the same.

That would then match a layout of having two touchscreens sitting in front of a Nano.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    @ Marty:
    Please help my slightly rotten memory, isn´t that how the Roadhog did work during LDI?!

I think there the Directories behaved like there where 2 screens...

Anyway, i love the 1 screen thing in Nano-Mode and also on the Roadhog, gives you great possiblities for screen layouts.
    And most of the users have a laptop an maybe an external one, so i still don´t understand the need for two windows. This was one thing which drove me crazy in HOG3
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Marc,

The Nano mode was not complete yet at LDI so you did see "two" screens on the Roadhog there.

It now runs the single screen Nano mode I believe.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Marty
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2013
    Having played around with the Nano mode on Hog4PC the other day, I found that the playback bar does drag across to line up with the faders which is great, but is it possible to make the encoder bar slide across to the right to line up with the 4 encoder wheels? The screen shots from LDI show it like this because of the dual screen layout, but will this be possible on the actual software? Is it possible already?
    edited January 2013
    Firewood1 wrote: »
    Having played around with the Nano mode on Hog4PC the other day, I found that the playback bar does drag across to line up with the faders which is great, but is it possible to make the encoder bar slide across to the right to line up with the 4 encoder wheels? The screen shots from LDI show it like this because of the dual screen layout, but will this be possible on the actual software? Is it possible already?

Not possible (yet)

I know that there are plans to make some more options.
    The reason was for Nano mode that most users uses their laptop... Which is smaller than the Nano.

I know there are lot of people using All-in-one or Barbones with larg screens etc...
    So there is something to come