Views

bsbjuicerbsbjuicer Registered User
Reposting for Scott...

Been playing with Hog4 on my laptop in the hotel room. (Nano setting) Having a hell of a time with the views. I can only record them from the view directory and once recorded I can't change them. I also only get access to 5 views on the screen. The rest of the bar (over half) is taken up by window functions. Bleh.

Bryan

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Bryan

In Nano mode you only get 5 view per page.
    I will look into the views problem tomorrow morning when I'm in the office.
  • xp677xp677 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Is there any chance of implementing the view toolbar and window settings toolbars as separate floating toolbars (in Nano mode)? So we could throw them onto external monitors or stack one above the other?
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    I'm also seeing this. Recording to view buttons seems not to work in Nano

As a workaround I suggest opening views directory to external screen and taking guard off...
    edited November 2012
    Hello

Thank you for the information!
    As you have found we do have a few problems with recording "views".
    We are currently working on this issues.
    edited November 2012
    Tom

You should be able move the view toolbar and dock it on an external monitor.
  • xp677xp677 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I was talking about the possibility to separate the views toolbar from the window options toolbar, so I can drag the views to another monitor without the window controls coming with it.

Also, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I drag to an external monitor, The toolbar shrinks to become 12 'buttons' wide, giving me only one view button per "page"!

Thanks
    edited November 2012
    Tom

I understand now! I am not sure as I have not heard of any plans to do this.
    I will log a feature request for this and bring it up in our meeting on Monday.
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    Michael,

Is there some way to see the feature requests have been logged or is this just an internal thing?

-Ben
    edited November 2012
    Ben

I am not sure, I would have to get with Chris and Robbie and find out.
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    bsbjuicer;63242 said:
    Reposting for Scott...

Been playing with Hog4 on my laptop in the hotel room. (Nano setting) Having a hell of a time with the views. I can only record them from the view directory and once recorded I can't change them.
    Bryan

This is issue #17379 and will be fixed in our next patch.
  • skierskier Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Just come across this issue mentioned above, as a work around all be it long winded, switch to normal mode make your views and switch back to nano and the views appear and work normally.
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    xp677;63278 said:

Also, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I drag to an external monitor, The toolbar shrinks to become 12 'buttons' wide, giving me only one view button per "page"!
    Thanks

Yes, this is bug#17380 and will be fixed in our first patch;)
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    Running H4 on a Hog PC with a programming and playback wing off a dedicated tower and 3 Touchscreens in Nano mode.

At show load, the playback bar, which I have previously dragged to external monitor 1 and re-scaled to fit the wing, keeps resetting to the primary screen.

Would it be possible to save the playback bar position from shutdown to reboot/reload?

JB
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    Hey Jeff, We put in a request to have the View also save the toolbar placement as I have the same problem.
    Check it here http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?p=63914
  • Buzz313thBuzz313th Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the link Ben. I was unaware you folks added that request.

JB