A Few Hog 4 PC Issues and Questions

kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
I just downloaded Hog 4 PC and I like the look of the new interface. I have a few issues and questions.

- The Pause/Break shortcut to change from Abc to MAP does not work on my machine. I use the exact same machine for Hog 3 PC and I have no problem switching modes.

- I have the older Programming Wing with only 4 wheels. With the new Hog 4 PC there are 5 wheels in the programmer portion of the front panel. When I select a fixture the on screen mapping of the wheels shows the five wheel positions but via my Programming wing I can never access the fifth wheel. Even if I press say Beam repeatedly I can never turn Focus with my programming wing.

- I looked for the Kinds setup to see if there may be wheel sets for 4 dial wings but I could not find how to open the Kind window. The manual seems to indicate there is a Kinds button but I don't see one on the front panel or a shortcut key - if indeed I could get that to work.

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne

Comments

• kurtiswilkkurtiswilk Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Hey kevin,

Just downloaded it myself as well.

The pause break seems to work for me.

The "Kind" button is in the upper softkeys on the secondary screen. It opens a pallet window. From there you can edit wheelsets by holding open and clicking the desired set. I haven't found a quick way to set it up for 4 encoders yet but its a start. so far I love the new look.

also pages 223 to 225 in the manual for quick refrence

Kurtis
  • xavier-sbxavier-sb Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    In the menu to chose you're show go to settings and choose nano mode. Than hog pc is setup for 1 screen and 4 encoders. the pause/break key works fine for me to.
  • whitleyrichardwhitleyrichard Registered User
    edited November 2012
    OK so i can download 4pc.. but it wont install.. ive used hog3pc on this same computer and its worked great for who knows how long.. my system is windows 7.. when i try to run the install program i get this message: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.":1zhelp:
  • kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
    edited November 2012
    xavier-sb;63210 said:
    In the menu to chose you're show go to settings and choose nano mode. Than hog pc is setup for 1 screen and 4 encoders. the pause/break key works fine for me to.
    Thanks for the reply. I had not seen the part about switching to nano mode. That worked great. Also the Pause/Break key is working for me. There was a setting on my keyboard that got flipped.

I don't see the Kind soft key if I open a backup of Hog 3 show with defined views. If I open a new show I do see the Kinds button.

Kevin Montagne
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    whitleyrichard

Sounds like you have a broken download. Is your file size 143mb?

You probably just need to re-download

-Ben
  • xp677xp677 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    xavier-sb;63210 said:
    Works great. Then you can enable a second screen and drag the playback bar to it, to mimic a hog3pc setup with wings.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Richard

Please download Hog 4PC again and give it a try.
    If you still have problems email me a [EMAIL="MGRAHAM@BARCO.COM"]MGRAHAM@BARCO.COM[/EMAIL]

What version of windows are you running?

We have not seen any problems installing.
  • bsbjuicerbsbjuicer Registered User
    edited November 2012
    If, like me, your laptop doesn't have a pause/break button anymore, a quick fix is to click on the windows start button and type osk and hit enter. This will bring up the on screen keyboard which has a pause button on it.

Bryan
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    kmontagne;63215 said:

I don't see the Kind soft key if I open a backup of Hog 3 show with defined views. If I open a new show I do see the Kinds button.
    Kevin Montagne

The first few views are default views that are created as a convenience to the user when a new show is created. Only Hog 4 creates the Kinds view, so old shows will never have the Kinds view. We could modify the user's views when opening a show to ensure a Kinds view exists, but we feel that's too invasive.
    Basically this is working as intended
  • drathbundrathbun Registered User
    edited November 2012
    kurtiswilk;63209 said:
    Hey kevin,

Just downloaded it myself as well.

The pause break seems to work for me.

The "Kind" button is in the upper softkeys on the secondary screen. It opens a pallet window. From there you can edit wheelsets by holding open and clicking the desired set. I haven't found a quick way to set it up for 4 encoders yet but its a start. so far I love the new look.

also pages 223 to 225 in the manual for quick refrence

Kurtis
    Thanks Kurtis. This was driving me nuts trying to find where the "Kinds Editor" was. There is a nice explanation in the manual of what the Kinds Editor does but I can't find where it says how to get to the editor. The OPEN > click the Kinds palette function was not something I thought of. I used it to add FOCUS to the fifth wheel of gobo wheelsets. Very convenient!
  • drathbundrathbun Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone know how to control the zoom wheel on the trackball in Hog4PC?
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    Mouse wheel
  • whitleyrichardwhitleyrichard Registered User
    edited November 2012
    just letting everyone know i re-downloaded 4pc last week and it works fine.. got to use it this past weekend and im very happy with it so far... the only thing ive noticed is when i quit or log off it closes all the windows then says something about the server and ask if i want to wait or kill.. i can hit wait all day but it doesnt change anything so i have to kill... which has yet to do any harm.. now this is with all my shows from 3pc i havent tried to write a new one yet..
  • AndreiAndrei Registered User
    edited November 2012
    I had this issue also - fixed by re-enabling the network adaptor that I had disabled in windows.

Andrei
    BAAC Light
  • WillieSk8WillieSk8 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    I just installed Hog4PC on my Computer, that is running Hog3PC with one Programming, 2 Playback Wings and 4 Widget.
    All the Widgets have been found, but sometimes there is only one Playback. And then 2 Playbacks when I restart the application, but I only can select one in the control panel.

Another thing is that the encoders sometimes freeze or jump between values.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Oliver

Thanks for the information.
    This is a bug on 4PC only and I have logged this as bug #17420.