Hog4 pc

snyder_68snyder_68 Registered User
I was wondering if it is possible to download the Hog 4pc software yet and if it was free or if I had to pay for it?

Comments

• EH-dbluxEH-dblux Registered User
    edited November 2012
    the Hog4 software is not yet released - when it is, it will be free as was/is hog3pc software - but you still need widgets or DP's to output DMX/artnet from hog4PC..

best regards

Emil
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    snyder_68;63025 said:
    I was wondering if it is possible to download the Hog 4pc software yet and if it was free or if I had to pay for it?
    It looks like Hog4PC will release simultaneously with first H4 hardware shipments; another week or so.
  • snyder68snyder68 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Do the widget compatibility change between all the hog pc version? Like for hog 3 do I have to have a different widget than I would for the hog 4 software?
  • CRBatchelorCRBatchelor Registered User
    edited November 2012
    All widgets are the same. Just no longer blue in color.
  • chaos213chaos213 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    THe link for the Hog4 Pc is working. I am downloading it.

http://www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/software/Hog4PC_1-0-0-304.msi
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    Hello all, Hog 4PC is released.
    edited November 2012
    Alright, so dumb question....is it possible to manually create user kinds on the pc version? As i read you have to hold down open and hit kinds at the same time and I'm not sure how to do that or am I just reading it wrong on how to do it. I'm also not using touch screens.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    You have to active keyboard shortcuts (O for Open) and after press the kind touch you want to edit or click with left button of mousse on Open key and press shift on keyboard and than press the kind touch you want to edit.

hope this help
    edited November 2012
    How do I activate keyboard shortcuts?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    Manual 26.1 Page 391:
    Keyboard Shortcuts You can use an external keyboard to operate many of the Hog 4OS's functions. This is especially
    useful if you are using Hog 4PC.
    You can toggle keyboard shortcuts on and off using the Pause or Break key on the computer keyboard. When shortcuts are enabled (known as map mode), the computer keyboard is mapped to the shortcuts; when disabled, text entry via the computer keyboard is possible. The current status is shown in the Command Line Toolbar; see Figure 26.1, “Keyboard Status in the Command Line Toolbar”. Whenever possible, Hog 4OS intelligently disables the keyboard shortcuts when text entry is expected (after pressing Set or double clicking in a cell). When the text entry session is completed, the shortcuts are automatically re-enabled.
    By default, shortcuts are disabled when you start a show. When shortcuts are disabled, only the shortcut mapped to the Set key remains functional to allow quick labeling from the external keyboard.
    edited November 2012
    Hello

You can also hit the "Kinds" view to open the kind directory.
  • kmontagnekmontagne Registered User
    edited November 2012
    michael_graham;63247 said:
    Hello

You can also hit the "Kinds" view to open the kind directory.
    It seems the Kinds view button is not available if opening a Hog 3 show with user defined views. All of those view buttons made it but seemed to have covered up the Kinds view button. If I create a new show in 4 the Kind button is available.

Kevin Montagne
    edited November 2012
    Kevin

Thank you for the information.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2012
    kmontagne;63250 said:
    It seems the Kinds view button is not available if opening a Hog 3 show with user defined views. All of those view buttons made it but seemed to have covered up the Kinds view button. If I create a new show in 4 the Kind button is available.
    Just hold down OPEN and select KINDS from the lower right toolbar options to get the Kinds Directory.

Then you can record a new view for this if you wish.

Hope this helps. :)