Cleaning the RoadHog / Full Boar Trackball

Is there a way to clean the trackball of a RoadHog and/or Full Boar console?

Most trackballs I've used (Logitech etc) allow you to pull the ball out and clean the built up grime from the contact points. There doesn't seem to be a way short of opening the console to do this with the RoadHog.
  • It's not too hard to do. You need to:

1. Remove the front plate (four allen bolts on the front).
    2. Separate the PCB from the front plate or lift out the PCB (I don't think it's attached to the front plate in the RH, but it is in the iPC)
    3. Unplug and lift out the trackball.
    4. Remove the screws from the trackball and separate the two halves of the trackball enclosure.
    5. Clean the ball and rollers.
    6. Reassemble.

You will need to remove the fader caps and encoders (2mm allen key) somewhere along the way.

You'll most likely be doing this at your own risk! I've cleaned a few Hog trackballs and have had no problems, your mileage may vary.
  • [QUOTE=xp677;63058]It's not too hard to do. You need to:

1. Remove the front plate (four allen bolts on the front).
    2. Separate the PCB from the front plate or lift out the PCB (I don't think it's attached to the front plate in the RH, but it is in the iPC)
    3. Unplug and lift out the trackball.
    4. Remove the screws from the trackball and separate the two halves of the trackball enclosure.
    5. Clean the ball and rollers.
    6. Reassemble.

You will need to remove the fader caps and encoders (2mm allen key) somewhere along the way.

You'll most likely be doing this at your own risk! I've cleaned a few Hog trackballs and have had no problems, your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the walk-thru... I'll give it a try!
Related