Desklight programmer wing

xavier-sbxavier-sb Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi There.

I bought my own programmer wing and i found out that the desk light is only working on 10%. When i put the desk light in the fader wing it burns @ 100%. I swapped the power supply's but that didn't make any difference. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Xavier

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited October 2012
    One thing to try is to hold down the SETUP button and then the third encoder will adjust the Desklight Level. Try adjusting the level and see if you get any response. If you do not get any response, there may be a problem with the desklight circuit on the wing.
  • xavier-sbxavier-sb Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2012
    Hi Mitch.

Thanks for you'r quick reaction. I tried Holding the SETUP button and adjusting the level. The intensity will only go down. I tried the blue led's and it's the same intensity as the white led's.
    edited October 2012
    Does the same encoder work properly when controlling lighting fixtures?
    Also are you using the external power supply with the wing? It is needed for the desklight to work.
  • xavier-sbxavier-sb Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2012
    yes the encoder works fine, when i put the desk light in my fader wing it burns just fine. I swapped the power supply's and that didn't make any difference.
    edited October 2012
    There is more than likely a problem with the desklight circuit on the processor board. Maybe a resistor or thermistor has failed for example.

Thanks,
    Mitch