Hog 3 repeated crash v3.2.5

Hello,

I am finding when I boot up my Hog 3, if I press Control Panel prior to logging into my show the console crashes. I get blank screens and have to do a hard reset.

Strangely, after the reboot it does not happen again until I turn it on the next time.

Of course, it's not a regular requirement to go into this screen on startup, but thought you should be aware of this. It's very embarrassing when people see it fall over like this over something so simple.

Is anyone else finding this? My console is running v3.2.5, no wings, just DP8000. Feb 2012 build.

Cheers

Colin
  • It sounds like launcher is not happy with the configuration file but somehow desktop is okay with it. What kind of settings do you have in your control panel? External Monitors? Custom IP address? USB Playback Wings?
  • Hi,

I have 2 x external monitors attached, one of which is a touchscreen. I am using a static custom IP address and the DP8000 was at the time connected to my switch with a crossover cable (the switch manual says this should be fine, but perhaps not so with the console). No wings are connected, just a USB keyboard.

I hope that helps a bit. I wonder if my switch/crossover cable combination is causing my DP8000 software upload issue also? Everything is being seen on the network ok, but perhaps this is causing me a few glitches.

Cheers

Colin
Related