Clone, Replicate

Hi

Recently on a show, i had to use the hog 1000 and noticed the clone button.

so i went back to the hog 3 from one of my other productions and noticed that the clone feature was sloped and replaced with replicate.

no new news with that, but, why?
Does not make any sense to me..

i think replicate is not very effective.
  • If memory serves regarding the old H2 OS, Clone was simply the term used to copy values from one fixture to another in the Programmer usiing Pig+Copy.
    I don't remember a dedicated Clone button or key, but I haven't sat in front of an H2 based desk in about 8 years or so personally.

On Hog-3 systems this function is still done with Copy (but not "Pig+") and has been improved over H2. (Plenty of info in the H3 manual on this)

Replicate is an entirely new function to Hog-3 and is extremly powerful and useful especially when used with Change Type. I use these functions constantly when doing festival runs. They are actually some of the strongest features of the H3 system as no other desk performs these functions more smoothly and accurately.

Replicate will make a "carbon copy" of any existing fixture in Patch and duplicate its' value information everywhere in your show (Cues, Palettes, etc....), then you can program any changes to your new "replicated" fixture including a Change Type.

Hope this helps. :)
Related