2 Hog Servers with Console Question

So I am on a show that has 2 separate stages that are across the lot from each other. I talked with the studio and they are going to run Cat5 from one stage to the other underground. Anyone had to do this at Fox before?

I want to have the ability to control one stage from the other in the same show but I want to run a server on each with a superwidget.

One way to do this is to do one server and a DP8000 on the other but I don't think that is the most stable thing to have the server so far away.

Can I have 2 servers each with a superwidget and use them both on one show?

-Ben
  • No. The servers will have to have two different port numbers. And they will be running different shows. Stage 27, say, could be Port 6627, and Stage 7 could be Port 6607; just change the port number on the startup screen on HPC to log on or off. As for server stability, in my experience server crashes are pretty rare, but a single server means crossing the lot to startup/shutdown, etc. Although, you could probably use whatever Windows version of a remote desktop (there are a lot of them) to start up and shutdown your show remotely and/or monitor and manage the server(s).
Related