2 Hog Servers with Console Question

Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User
So I am on a show that has 2 separate stages that are across the lot from each other. I talked with the studio and they are going to run Cat5 from one stage to the other underground. Anyone had to do this at Fox before?

I want to have the ability to control one stage from the other in the same show but I want to run a server on each with a superwidget.

One way to do this is to do one server and a DP8000 on the other but I don't think that is the most stable thing to have the server so far away.

Can I have 2 servers each with a superwidget and use them both on one show?

-Ben

Comments

• dslodkidslodki Registered User
    edited July 2012
    No. The servers will have to have two different port numbers. And they will be running different shows. Stage 27, say, could be Port 6627, and Stage 7 could be Port 6607; just change the port number on the startup screen on HPC to log on or off. As for server stability, in my experience server crashes are pretty rare, but a single server means crossing the lot to startup/shutdown, etc. Although, you could probably use whatever Windows version of a remote desktop (there are a lot of them) to start up and shutdown your show remotely and/or monitor and manage the server(s).