tricks for programming robe robin 600 / 300 washes?

Hi,

has anyone tricks/tips on quick programming RobeRobin600washes?

Since this is a 5-fixture lib-file for 1 wash things like highlite for positioning doesn't work: if you highlite a washlight the lamp doesn't go on when you select the pan/tilt.
And for patching: you have to renumber all fixtures, or calculate through all fixtures.

Is there a smart way to set-up? Like merge this into 1 fixture for programming?
@ the moment I have a show with 12washes, but 60fixtures (301>312 pan tilt, 313>324beam, 325>360color-rings).
It works now, but maybe there's a smarter set-up for a next show.

Thx,
Peer
  • Hi,
    Not sure about the programming but when dealing with multi-part fixtures i sometimes prefer to use fixture numbers below.Takes a while to renumber the fixture units but much quicker to program in the long run? I'm just guessing on the colour zones below

301>312 Pan/Tilt (All fixtures)
    401>412 Beam (All fixtures)
    501>505 Zone 1 Red (fixture 1) 511-515 Red(fixture 2) 521-525 (fixture 3) etc etc
    601>603 Zone 2 Green
    701>703 Zone 3 Blue
    801>803 Zone 4 White

zone 1 red would be 501/511/521/531/541/551/561/571 etc etc
    This way calling up all Red on the console is easy rather than having to make lots of groups,"501 thru enter" would give you all red in the correct fixture order
    Sorry i can't help more.
    Is it necessary to have them in this fixture mode and are you actually using all the zones individually?
    Makes it very hard to use any programming with any type of other fixture once your done.

Best C
  • yeah, it's a lot of programming, but random-ring-loops in mode1 do look awesome :-)

your numbering is a bit like mine, so that should be fine.
    only thing is still that highliting for positions :-(

thx for your input
  • What also helps:
    Use Mode 5, which also has access to all rings, but dmx-channels are in different order.
    So you only have a pan/tilt/beam-fixture and the rings...
    Some fixtures less to select
Related