Intellabeam XT1 focus problem

I have 2 XT1 which in the first sequence goes from big open iris with gobo to the smallest iris while remain sharp.
This sequence is released (the fixture returns to it's default values) and the next sequence is a medium sized beam with a sharp gobo projection.
The problem is that the second sequence get's unsharp and the beamsize is wrong.

Is there anyone who have a clue what causes this to happen?

/Leif
  • Could be any number of things..........try checking:

Do you have any other Cuelists or Scenes running that might be giving the fixtures other values?

Do you have any values Parked for those fixtures.

Are you holding values in your Programmer or any other Open and active Editor?

Do you have any parameters set to "No" in the "Releasable" column under Patch -> Edit Fixtures for those units?

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;61192]Could be any number of things..........try checking:

Do you have any other Cuelists or Scenes running that might be giving the fixtures other values?

Do you have any values Parked for those fixtures.

Are you holding values in your Programmer or any other Open and active Editor?

Do you have any parameters set to "No" in the "Releasable" column under Patch -> Edit Fixtures for those units?

Marty, thanks for your answer.
    The answer to all above questions is no.
    All faders is set to release whenever another cue is executed.
    I tried to add a cue before the "real" cue but it is still the same.
    It seems like it is something wrong in the fixture for only this particular cue.
    All other cues is ok regarding focus and zoom.

We run this show 3 times per day with the same problem...
    When I start the fixures and try the cues it is sometimes ok, but during show it looks awful.

Do you have any other suggestions?
    /Leif
  • If it is only in one cue, then it sounds like bad values either the cue itself, or a palette the cue is referencing.

Try updating the cue or the palette in the cue.

• [QUOTE=Marty Postma;61197]If it is only in one cue, then it sounds like bad values either the cue itself, or a palette the cue is referencing.

Try updating the cue or the palette in the cue.

I found the problem.
    In the first cue in the first sequence the zoom is set to full.
    The zoom is then for some reason not able to go back to it's default value when released.
    I have now set the zoom to it's default 50% value in the first sequence and the second sequence is sharp.
    So it was as i suspected a physical fault in the fixture.

/Leif
  • [QUOTE=leife;61200]In the first cue in the first sequence the zoom is set to full.
    The zoom is then for some reason not able to go back to it's default value when released.
    I have now set the zoom to it's default 50% value in the first sequence and the second sequence is sharp.
    So it was as i suspected a physical fault in the fixture.

Just to be clear......if you fixed it by changing your cue data, then cannot have been a fixture issue, it was a programming issue.

There are a few places with the Intellaspots where you need to back off the zoom a few points in order to get focus sharp (tight iris with tight zoom for example).....that's just how the lenses work, and you don't really lose anything by doing this.

At any rate I'm glad you got it sorted out!
Related