A couple of Hog3PC questions

Hi,

I've been learning Hog3PC "under fire" and have most things figured out so far. But I have a couple of questions:

1 - In the cue list Fade column some cues have multiple times separated by commas. I have not figured out how you create or edit these entries so I was wondering where I should look in the manual for how these are added or changed. I'm assuming that they are fade in / fade out times.

2 - Is there a way to have a "show" cue list and within that cue list have "sub" cue lists that would be individual show numbers? For example one of our shows is a broadway style 50s though 80s musical performance and it is updated often with new numbers. If it is possible to have a cue list that goes song/dance number by song/dance number with each entry causing the full cue list for the associated song/dance number to be invoked that would make things easier when the show changes. Is this possible using Hog3PC, and if so what is the best way to do it?

Thanks,
Burt
  • [QUOTE=burtbick;61004]Hi,
    1 - In the cue list Fade column some cues have multiple times separated by commas. I have not figured out how you create or edit these entries so I was wondering where I should look in the manual for how these are added or changed. I'm assuming that they are fade in / fade out times.

You are correct...they are fade times. They are determined by using the "TIME" button. If you do not designate a time when recording, then it pulls the numbers from your default setup (SETUP, PREFERENCES, CUE TIME) You can either click on the cell and change the time, but this will set the ENTIRE Cue Time. If you need multiple times, you can do it from the Command Line during programming. Select Fixtures, put them in a position and a color and a gobo. Then you can do INTENSITY TIME 3, POSITION TIME 5, COLOR BEAM TIME 0 and you will get a "0,3,5" in that box. If you need to edit later, you can do the same thing and update with the USE T box checked or you can click EDIT in the toolbar at the top of the screen and use the spread sheet to change times.

[QUOTE=burtbick;61004]
    2 - Is there a way to have a "show" cue list and within that cue list have "sub" cue lists that would be individual show numbers? For example one of our shows is a broadway style 50s though 80s musical performance and it is updated often with new numbers. If it is possible to have a cue list that goes song/dance number by song/dance number with each entry causing the full cue list for the associated song/dance number to be invoked that would make things easier when the show changes. Is this possible using Hog3PC, and if so what is the best way to do it?

In this situation...I would generally put each song on it's own list. That way, you can change out as needed. You can then use the Comment Macro section to be able to change faders, etc. so that the operator still only has to press PLAY to keep going. Using Comment Macros is a great way to do basic automation for operators.
  • Thanks,

I'm probably still missing something on trying to use the Comment Macro.

I did a quick test:

I have the main cue list that is the current show. This cue list is assigned to Fader #10 on the console.
    I created a new cue list #100 that contains a copy of one of the songs from the current show.
    I added a new cue 47.1 in the main show cue list and added a Comment Macro to the Macro field I tried GL100/1 Which I thought would access the new cue list #100 and start the first cue. But that does not happen. It is as if the macro is not being invoked when I step into the 47.1 cue.

The documentation appears to have a bit of a circular reference in that the Comment Macro section refers back to another section for triggering macros from a Cue and that section says to see the section on Comment Macros.

What am I missing to have the Comment Macro run the cue list for the song, and then resume back in the main cue list?

Thanks again,
    Burt
  • GL100/1 will run cue list 100 cue 1, but thats all. You still have list 10 chosen.

You might want to assign CL 100 to a master (say master 9). Then in the comment macro column you'd want to CM9 (choose master 9). this will make that master/list active in the playback.
  • [QUOTE=eboxer;61007]GL100/1 will run cue list 100 cue 1, but thats all. You still have list 10 chosen.

You might want to assign CL 100 to a master (say master 9). Then in the comment macro column you'd want to CM9 (choose master 9). this will make that master/list active in the playback.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I wanted to clarify so that I can better understand how to do what we want to do.

Currently all of the master faders are assigned on our console. The show in question is assigned to fader 10. The other Faders have various functions, e.g. Hazer, House Lights, etc. assigned to them and some are used during the running show.

What we are looking to do is something like this:

Main show cue list:
    Walk in - Plays video, sets some mood lighting with curtain closed, etc.
    Credits - Plays credits video and preps for show start.
    1st Song - Would like this to invoke the "1st Song cue list, run the cues and return to
    the 2nd Song Cue (either running the 2nd Song automatically or with a place holder cue that allows manual advance to 2nd Song, but the idea is the same.
    2nd Song - Invoke the "2nd Song cue list, run the cues and return.
    3rd Song - Rinse and repeat.
    .. etc.

The idea being that when the show changes, and songs/routines are added/removed/moved that all that would need to be done would be to edit the Main show cue list and create new song/routine cue lists as needed. This would keep the main show cue list uncluttered and easier for an operator to run.

Is this possible using the comment macro approach, and specifically how would you do this so that it would function as described above?

For right now I am assuming that the cues in the Song N cue lists would all be timed to execute automagically, but it is possible that they might want the ability to manually step through some of the Song N cue lists at some point in the future.

Thanks again,
    Burt
Related