Size and move windows in HogPc

Hi

Run Windows 7 32bit – HogPC 3.2.3.

I have an issue after updating windows and now I cannot resize or move the windows around as I want.

I choose the windows… and highlite it… sometimes it works… and I can move and resize the windows as I want… but suddenly HogPC grab some other windows and move them around and resize them… weird

Any one…(?)

Regards, Jacob
  • I have the same (or similar) issue. Running most current HogPC software on 64-bit Windows 7.

Here's the breakdown:

If I am trying to modify a window open on the left hand display screen and then click on the move or resize buttons, the software automatically switches the active display screen to the right-hand side and applies the move to a window living there.

If the right display screen is empty, however, the adjustment will then be applied to the window I have selected.

To work around this resembles those old-school brain teasers. I size and move the group pallet where I like onto the right display screen, then close the group pallette window. I arrange the left dispaly screen to my liking and then reopen the group pallette window using the group button on the programming wing. Then I open the cue list window and it appears by default on the right display screen where I can resize it next to my groups.

Then I save the view and crongratulate myself on outsmarting the software (this time)

whew.
  • I'm not sure I understand exactly what problem's you're both experiencing. Are you having issues with the HogPC parent windows (the top level windows that emulate the displays built into the consoles), or with the palettes, cuelists, etc?

You may find it's faster to use the keyboard shortcuts to move and resize windows. Put the keyboard in mapped mode, hold down the letter o (for open), and press + or -.
  • Hi Eric
    For me the problem is to resize and move palettes, cuelist etc. from window to windows. It is not the main windows...
    I tryed to set my keyborad on... and now I can resize the windoes... but how do I move by the keyboard. - There must be and issue... course if I use the buttom "Size / Move" in the hog Pc... it grab some other windows and move / resize them... wired...
  • See page 101 in the Hog3 manual (Section 13.2.3) for the keyboard shortcuts that manipulate windows.
  • The issue is the relationship between the parent window and the palette, group, color wheel, etc. windows.

When there are windows open on both the left and right parent windows, the move/resize will always be applied to windows in the right parent window, no matter that I have specifically selected a window in the left parent window.

If I close out all the palettes, groups, what-have-you in the right parent window, then I can adjust the ones in the left parent window.
  • Hello

I just tested this in the lab and I am not seeing this problem.
    Are you using keyboard short cuts to move/resize or the buttons?
    What windows are you having trouble with?
  • This is definitely a system-specific issue as I use multiple Hog systems with various hardware configurations and this is the first time I've encountered this particular issue. I am not surprised it is not lab-repeatable.

I will get all the info on hardware/software being used to help track this down. I'll see if I can get a quick video of the issue as well to clarify what is going on.

The system having the issue is a HogPC running on a Gateway touchscreen desktop. It might be an issue with the way the touchscreen driver works?

Anyway, as I said, I'll post more info tomorrow, maybe even with a link to a quick vid of the issue in action.
  • Thanks, a quick video is alway helpful.
    Also send us you showfile, so I can test with what you are testing with.

highend.wetransfer.com/

MGRAHAM@BARCO.COM
  • short on time today, so here it is briefly:

repro's on a VM by installing Wacom drivers 6.1.6-7 and restarting, even without attaching any input hardware.

qtgui 4.7.0 has major breaking changes to widget defaults, i've worked around these by recompiling qtgui to restore the defaults that were present when 3PC was designed against Qt3; obviously, making changes at the framework level is the wrong approach, but 'twas the only option available to me.

[LIST=1]
    qwidget_win.cpp[LIST=1]
    ::qt_tablet_init needs to be completely commented out; leave the signature as a simple stub.
    qWidgetPrivate::create_sys() needs to set WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY by default for every widget

qapplication_win.cpp[LIST=1]
    ::QtWndProc - the switch on the case of WM_MOUSEMOVE needs its entire body removed and replaced by a single jump goto return_default

QApplicationPrivate::initialize() needs to force "Always use native windows" as default
    e-mail for more details later this week
Related