!!Error!!

Bruno30.09Bruno30.09 Registered User
Hi, im trying to update our DL2 to the last version of the software available on site.
i've updated 3 but the 4 gives the following error:

the script has received the error code:
from command: c/7za.exe x E:/source/image A Main.7z -oC:/2>&1

What can i do?

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2012
    How are you upgrading?
    Are you using the update software via CMA, or are you trying to re-image via external drive?
  • Bruno30.09Bruno30.09 Registered User
    edited June 2012
    re-image via external drive. i was able to update by cma but the xpe is 2.00
    but i was the other four with xpe 2.5.0
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2012
    Be sure you are re-imaging with an externally powered USB optical disk drive. Bus powered drives will often fail.

What are the hardware specs on the DL.2s? (processor, GFX card, etc...)

Having a lower version XPe on a DL.2 shouldn't cause any operational issues.
    The XPe revisions since v2.0.0 have been almost exclusively hardware driver updates for newer components. So unless you're changing out the motherboard or video card, it shouldn't matter.
    The only real feature you might be missing prior to XPe 2.4.0 is the ability to re-image via bootable USB, but certain older DL.2s will not have hardware that supports this anyway.

The more important thing is to keep your units all running the same DL software version (currently v2.0.5 b2675), and keep them all in the same DMX "mode" V1 vs V2 will behave quite differently for example.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited June 2012
    i do the re-image with a double usb disk drive and use directly the other free usb port to the keyboard.
    i will trie to get an externally powered USB optical disk drive and then try again.
    the software is the latest to all, only this one have the xpe diferent.
    all our dl have new p5 motherboards and HD 4850 gfx card. we update them all last year.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Hi Bruno,

As Marty said, having an externally powered USB drive is the most reliable way to go. The error message you are seeing is saying that imaging process is having problems reading from the imaging source, which is the CD-ROM. This is a pretty good indication that it doesn't like the USB drive you are using.

Let us know your results after you try another drive.

Thanks,
    edited June 2012
    i didn' have yet time to trie the external cd drive.
    but now i have more problems with other DL2.
    One don,t let me put any file inside or take the ones that i put and give-me this message:

did not respond to the request for information. If the problem persists, restart this application and try again

i restart the CMA, and didn't work and even try in a axon and i can't transfer any files to or from this DL.

and the other DL don't recognize the s-video input board.

all our dls have been upgraded last year and have
    MB - P5
    GFX - HD 4800 (Blue One)
    S-vid input - Haupagge 1850

Thanks