Axon CMA screen resolution

Is there a way to change the screen resolution on the Axon CMA? It's set to 1280x but the rack mount keyboard/mouse/monitor that I found on ebay for $70 only supports up to 1024x.
  • Hey Smokey!

The AXON CMA "should" default to a 1024x768 output res.
    What is your Graphic output res. set to?
    I know that sometimes video cards don't like to do different resolutions on different outputs (may or may not be the case here).

The other thing that might be happening is an incorrect EDID.
    There are a number of products out there that can "force" the card to a specific resolution (DVI Parrot is the best IMHO, but DVI Detective also works well).

What is the hardware spec on your machine? (processor, GFX card, etc...)
    What is your Graphics output res. set to?
    What software versions are you running? (XPe + AXON versions).
    One thing you can try, is to set your Graphics output res. to 1024x768 and see if the CMA changes.....if not your monitor might be sending incorrect EDID to the card.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Marty,

Thanks for the reply!

The Graphics output is set to 1024x768. I called the guys it HES and was told that the CMA output was "locked at 1280x1024" for whatever reason.

I remember about 4 years ago using an axon that I'm almost 100% positive had the CMA output set to 1024x768.

I've tried several monitors and they all are getting 1280. I haven't tried it yet, but when I get back from the tour I'm on now and a vacation next week I'll try setting EDID on a scaler and seeing if I can force it to 1024.

Another strange thing that I noticed was my DVI ports seem to be swapped. The top port is outputting Graphics and the bottom port is outputting CMA. I'm using the most current release software (XPE 3.5.1) and did a clean install after swapping out the stock Hauppauge card for a BlackMagic SDI card.

Thanks again!
    Smokey
  • [QUOTE=SmokeyX;60754]I called the guys it HES and was told that the CMA output was "locked at 1280x1024" for whatever reason.

I remember about 4 years ago using an axon that I'm almost 100% positive had the CMA output set to 1024x768.

As far as I can remember the CMA has always been "locked" to 1024x768, unless something has changed recently......not sure who you talked to down there.

[QUOTE=SmokeyX;60754]Another strange thing that I noticed was my DVI ports seem to be swapped. The top port is outputting Graphics and the bottom port is outputting CMA. I'm using the most current release software (XPE 3.5.1) and did a clean install after swapping out the stock Hauppauge card for a BlackMagic SDI card.

This may actually be the root of the issue with your CMA output. This "swapping" can happen with odd EDID situations with native DVI cables, or potentially if the server is erroneously "seeing" the SDI card as the primary video card.

I'd be interested to know what you have hooked up to your AXON and with what ype of cable.
    What is it driving?
    Are you using the SDI input?
    If you don't need the SDI it might be worth trying to remove the SDI card, and see if anything changes.....you might need to re-image after you pull it.

Hope this helps. :)