V3.2.3 update losing internal DMX

improveimprove Registered User, DL Beta
Hi,

I recently did an update to V3.2.3 (B3397) on a Full Boar, seems to run fine. Was programming Catalyst with internal Artnet output and all ran fine.

On the job i had to control a few DL-2 projectors as well and to my surprise no DMX came out of the desk, the internal widget seems to have died...

The DMX output screens shows DMX values being send out, and the artnet output works as well... Adding an external DP8K worked fine, it runs the DMX just fine.

But now i'm stuck with a ?broke? internal widget?? Anyone had this experience before??

Fons

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2012
    Take a look here:

Setup -> Network -> Click on DP8000 #1 -> Settings

Look under the dmx outputs tab and see if the first 4 universes list have mappings that say console output. If not then it potentially a mapping problem.

What version of software were you upgrading from?
  • improveimprove Registered User, DL Beta
    edited May 2012
    Hi Chris,

I was upgrading from V3.2.2 so no big step in my opinion...

If i check the DP settings, and then DMX output, universes 1-12 can be chosen but they all show nothing, and nothing can be selected when pressing them... They keep empty... So maybe you're right about the mapping issue....

Fons
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, sounds like a mapping issue. More than likely this was caused by a partial restore at some point in the past. If you back up your show files and do a full restore of the desk you should regain those mappings. I wish there was a quicker fix but I have a good feeling that the problem will be resolved with a full restore.
    edited May 2012
    OK Chris,

Thnx for now, i'll download the XPE now and do a full restore later today. Let you know how it turns out.

Fons
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Hi Fons,

I always do a clean install/full restore with every new update, takes a bit more time but then you're sure that everything is installed the right way.

Peer
    edited May 2012
    Hi there,

Thanks for the tips 'n tricks... Restore with 1.8.1 and update to 3.2.3 works well.... Up and running now ;)

Fons