How to improve the programming for show?

I'm making progress on coming up to speed on the Hog3PC software (and consoles) helping one of our local theaters.

They are running a fairly elaborate "Broadway style" musical show with a number of moving lights as well as LED, Gels, etc.

The show receives changes over the season, usually with songs being added/removed or changed in order.

Currently they have one big cue list that runs from start to end, but the previous lighting tech has put a number of links to skip around blocks of the list that are not being used.

I thought I had read about the possibility of assigning each song to a virtual cue list and then being able to stitch the show together using those virtual cue lists.

That would seem to be a better way to do things for this show if it is possible.

I found references to the virtual Masters and a mention of virtual cue lists, but so far I haven't found a good example of virtual cue lists in the manual.

Two questions:
Is it possible to organize things as described above so that I could edit a list that in turn "pulls in" the individual virtual lists for songs? If so is there an example of doing this that I could reference?

If it is not possible then how do others address a similar situation?

Thanks,
Burt
Related