X-Spot Lamp Error

Terrii.ZernechelTerrii.Zernechel Registered User
edited May 2012 in HES Automated Lighting
We are receiving a Lamp Timeout Error on one of our X Spot Xtremes. We have purchased a new lamp and are still getting the error. The fixture is making no noise to indicate it is trying to strike the lamp. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Terrii

Comments

• Terrii.ZernechelTerrii.Zernechel Registered User
    edited May 2012
    We have switched out the Ignitor Card with no success.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Swap out the lamp power supply if it isn't making any noise at all.
    The large silver box on the same side as the display.
  • Terrii.ZernechelTerrii.Zernechel Registered User
    edited May 2012
    We tried that. We even swapped the relay. Then bypassed the relay altogether. We have metered every fuse. Called High End and swapped then pan card. We are out of ideas. We will buy a new Lamp Housing and swap that to see if maybe that's the culprit.
    edited May 2012
    Can you hear the relay click when the lamp interlock is triggered?
    Do you get 400v on the input side of the ignitor?
    (IMPORTANT! Do NOT meter the output side of the ignitor!)
    If not check the output side of the relay,
    Have you swapped out the gray lamp control wire that comes from the pan board?
    Perhaps that harness is bad?
  • robwachalarobwachala Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Josh,
    I'm teching this fixture with Terrii and we got the LPS swapped with a borrowed known good one. It sparked right up. You wouldn't happen to know any cheaper place to pick up an LPS other than LightParts.com would you?

Thanks again for helping,
    Rob
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Pick up? Try "Get repaired" . . . far cheaper, and almost never a need to buy a new one . . .

- Tim
  • robwachalarobwachala Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Hey Tim,

Sounds good... Who do I send it to...at High End? Price point?

Thanks,
    Rob
    edited May 2012
    Lightparts,
    Could be anywhere from $200-600ish, any more than that and you might as well buy a new one.
    Occasionally they will have used ones available, but they are few and far between.
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Yup, second to Lightparts . . . Not sure on the X-Spot LPS, but I know that they have done a couple of Studio Color supply repairs for me for $90 or so each. It all depends on how bad the failure is . . . Since you don't notice any burned smells, smoke, etc. hopefully yours isn't too bad, and won't be that much $$$.

HES could also likely do the repair, but I have had very good luck with Lightparts myself . . .

- Tim