Parking parameters releases cue list

Is there a way to prevent a cue list/fader from auto releasing should all parameters programed on that cuelist are Parked?

Ex. Program a VL3500 to 100%, Full Cyan, and at 20%pan, 30% Tilt. [Record] on Fader 2. (Creating Cuelist 1). Push [Play] on that Fader and [Clear] Programer side.
-VL3500 is now in position that you programmed.
-Select that VL3500 again. Push [LIVE] then [TOUCH]. Select [MORE] then [PARK]. You just grabbed all active parameters of that VL3500 and parked them.
-Notice now the cuelist has released it's self.

Yes I know there is the 'Persist on Override' option per cuelist. But is there a way, upon me 'Unparking' the parameters, will return the cuelist to an Active Play state?
  • You sort of answered your own question.
    Keep "Persist on Override" turned on for that and any other relevant lists.

Otherwise the desk is doing exactly what it should as per the rules of an LTP environment.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Humm. That was the answer I was expecting, but not what I was hoping for.
    I would of thought that pulling the parameters to the programer then parking it, wouldn't bother the cue list. But the action of 'parking' something almost acts as a cuelist in it self, in such a way that It will override and release fellow cuelists.
    It was worth a try.
  • [QUOTE=eqrunner;60353]....the action of 'parking' something almost acts as a cuelist in it self, in such a way that It will override and release fellow cuelists.

Yes, Parked is a bit different as far as Editors on the desk goes.
    It is kind of a hybrid Spreadsheet/Editor/Scene.
    Parked is annouced as an Editor in the command line, but you cannot shift focus to another Editor as long as it is open (as you can with other Editors by turning on/off the "Edit" button to shift from one to another....in fact you will notice that the Editor toolbars are completely absent from Parked apart from "Compact" and the standard spreadsheet options).

Since Parked is "holding" values indefinitely, the act of holding and/or releasing them causes LTP "stomping" or overrides, unless you as the programmer/operator decide it should be otherwise via the "Persist on Override" option.

Programmer is a bit different as well, in that values are expected to be released, changed, or recorded "soon" so no "stomping" occurs.

Hope this helps. :)
Related