Roadhog - Do I have a dead hard drive?

We have a 1996 vintage Roadhog that is not in a good way. I was away when the problems started and naturally it was a novice using the consule at the time, so I haven't been able to get any good information as to what happened.

If I try to boot up as normal:
Early on in the process I get "keyboard error" and then it goes on to:
For realtec RTL8111B/8168B Gigabit-ethernet holder v.2.03(060516)
PXE-E61: Mediatest failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE Rom
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert bootmedia in selected boot device and press a key.

I have tried doing a system restore from a bootable USB stick which appeared to start and then:
Error: The script has recieved the error code: -2147024809 from command:cmd/c diskpart/s
keyboard interface error

I have opened it up and had a bit of a look (I'm an operator, not a computer tech, alas) and everything appeared to be plugged together. This is a desk that hasn't had a roadcase, so loose cables / connections were my first thought.

I managed to get into the bios set up utility once for a look and I noticed Sata 1, 2, 3 & 4 were not connected. nothing else jumped out as being too unusual, but again, I'm not a computer tech.

So, what's wrong? Do I just need to replace the hard drive? And if so, what specs am I looking for (We're down in New Zealand and the shipping costs from you guys are astronomical). And, once the hard drive is replaced, is it just a matter of doing a system restore to get the new one up and running?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Related