DL2 NO SERVER OUTPUT

Hello -

I have a show that opened last night with a couple DL2s. Everything worked great last night, however today after power-up the media server does not appear to be outputting anything.

I get light from the lense and the unit responds to DMX. I have rebooted the unit from CMA also, and I can browse the content library...

What am I doing wrong? I have 2 hours before my next performance!

Thanks in advance!!

Kind Regards,

- James
  • Try setting the source from "internal" to "external" and back again to "internal" via CMA or the menu on the unit.

On some older Dl.2 units the relay sometimes gets stuck.

If that doesn't get it try sending a video test pattern via CMA....this will tell you if the server is functioning properly and "talking" to the projector.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Hi James,

As Marty said, the source relays can get out of sync and cause issues outputting.

Another thing to check: When you rebooted the unit, did you see the HES logo come up briefly in the menu during booting? That's a good test to see if the video card in the media server is operating correctly.

In the future, if you have after hours emergency issues I would recommend calling the HES support line: 1.800.890.8989. There is someone staffed on that line 24/7 to handle issues such as these.
  • Hi Matt & Marty -

Thank you for your help! The issue was resolved a few minutes before the house opened - close call!

The issue did appear to be due to the internal/external source setting. Is this an actual relay inside the unit, controlling the projector?

At any rate a cold reboot and resetting this value in CMA did the trick.

Is this an issue with the DL3 also? Or just 2?

Kind Regards,

- James Heliker
  • Happy to hear you got it sorted before your show.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]....Is this an actual relay inside the unit, controlling the projector?

Yes it is an actual relay.....one of two. The second controls the signal path of the S-Video I/O and the camera.

From personal experience, dodgy power and/or many units of the same circuit was most often the cause for me.

[QUOTE=jheliker;60273]Is this an issue with the DL3 also? Or just 2?

I can't say that I have ever had this issue with a DL.3 (and I have used many units on many shows all over the world).....only very early production runs and software versions of the DL.2 was where I hit this (in my personal experience) and even then it was only very occasionally.

It could, potentially, be software related as well. Be sure your units are running the most up to date embedded Windows (XPe) versions, as well as the most up to date DL software as well.

Hope this helps. :)