DP 2000 is dead!!! Help!!!

FrolovFrolov Registered User
Hi,everyone,

We need help with our DP 2000. The problem occured while it was repaired after unexpected shutdown. After the switching on, it wrights next message (IMG 0074):
(c) 2002 FP S All Rights Reserved
DMX 2000 Processor Node
MAC address 00-90-A1-01-14-14
Flash image invalid
Initialising network...
After this it begins searching of the software server. Fnd it can't find it (IMG0075, 0076) We've connected it with WH3 and HOG3 PC with the latest software. And nothing happens. Please anybody help!!! Thank you.

Comments

• AndreAndre Registered User
    edited April 2012
    Hello Frolov,
    have you tried to Force a software upload? You can do this by holding all 3 buttons when powering up the unit. This will force the DP to grab the image from the console and reflash the unit.
    You need to connect this DP to a Hog 3 with a running DHCP server and a running show before you do this.

Let me know if this helps.
    With best regards
  • FrolovFrolov Registered User
    edited April 2012
    Yes, I've made it. It was connected with running show. After holding three buttons it shows (IMG0077). All of this poins of menu do nothing. And they were tryed while DP was connected to WH3
    edited April 2012
    What is the software version of the console? Please check if DHCP is activated in console (setup-->control panel-->network).
    edited April 2012
    Version 3.1.9 . DHCP is activated.
    edited April 2012
    I know it is a stupid question but is there a crossover cable between the DP and the Hog 3?
    edited April 2012
    I know it will be a stupid answer: YES) it's between them
    edited April 2012
    You mentioned that the DP had an unexpected shutdown and you repaird it. Please tell me more, what happened and what have you done to fix it?
    edited April 2012
    Ok. Shutdown was caused by the trouble with one of the capacitors inside of the DP. DP was hardly shutted down. The capacitor was repaired but the software...You've seen it in previous messages. Can this hard shutdown influence the DP?
    edited April 2012
    A Capacitor on the Power supply, Processor board or IO board?
    Can you send me the designator. Where are you located?
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, I've might to introduce myself much earlier. Frolov Oleg, FE "Belimlight", Kazan branch, Russian Federation.
    The capacitor on the power supply.
    edited April 2012
    And now, the power supply is running normal with 3.3V Output?
    Could be possible that the power supply was outputting to much voltage as the capacitor failed. This can blow up some relevant parts on your processor board like Ethernet chip, CPU, flash.
    But please first check the output voltage of the power supply to be 3.3V and not higher or lower.

You can also contact me directly as we are the certified Service Center for High End and Flying Pig Systems. Email below.
    edited April 2012
    Yes, the power supply is working correctly now. I will check the relevant parts.And your contact can be useful for me in future. Thank you for your help and cooperation.
    edited April 2012
    Let me know what you find.
    Have a good day!
  • Ilya PiotrovksyIlya Piotrovksy Registered User
    edited April 2012
    Did you try to ping DP?
    edited April 2012
    By the way, Andre and Ilya, DP replies on ping.
    edited April 2012
    :confused:
    Let's wait one more hour, maybe someone from High End directly can help more. Strange is, the DP seems to look for a software server on port 0 and not 6600.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2012
    A couple of things:

- DP2000 cannot run v3.2.0 or greater
    - Do a FULL INSTALL of 3.1.9 on your console
    - After the full install simply launch a new show (do not change any settings)
    - Connect the DP2000 to your console using a CAT 5 Xover cable
    - BEFORE powering on the DP2000 hold down the front three buttons
    - Apply power to the DP2000 while holding the three buttons and you should see the display read forcing software reload. This may take 2 or three tries.

If you continue to have trouble you might want to try installing Hog 3PC on your computer and force a software load onto the DP2000 from you PC in the same manner.
    edited April 2012
    It's ALIIIIVE!!!

Thank you, Chris. DP is working and all the process are running. Great thanks to everyone who replied on a thread...Have a nice day.
    edited April 2012
    What exactly brought it back to life?
    edited April 2012
    The way of plugging power after the launching show and holding three buttons of menu on the DP
    edited April 2012
    This is exactly what I advised you to do in my very first answer. But anyway, I am happy that your DP is now running fine.
    edited April 2012
    Thank you, Andre